Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: Bing [Bot] and 25 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:32 pm

Goliath513 wrote:To clear things up, here is a satellite photo posted on websitefullofdouchebags showing where it is.

Do you or does anyone know what program they used?

Also, yes, WT is the tallest and fastest impulse in the world and the only impulse with 2 twisted spikes.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby sfmmrules! » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:51 pm

& is Top Thrill Dragster the best of its kind?

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Astat » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:50 am

RCFreak wrote:Anyone else think it won't be surprising when some of the rides in Camp Snoopy at the back of the park disapear and something like Sierra Sidewinder shows up?

Wicked Twister is taller and faster then all other Intamin Impulses. A Quick trip to RCDB could tell you that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that happen down the line, but just to clear things up for anyone who may be wondering: Yes, some of the rides going into Planet Snoopy can already be found in Camp Snoopy (Crazy Sub = Camp Bus for example), but they aren't moving anything within the park. All 7 rides came over from Geauga Lake.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby sfmmrules! » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:03 pm

When does Cedar Point start taking online reservations for their resort hotels?
My Favorite Coasters: Mime-Big Thunder(DLA), Sit Down-Hulk,Viper(SFMM),Standup-Riddlers Revenge, Floorless-Medusa(SFDK),Scream, Indoor-Revenge Of The Mummy(USO), Space Mountain(DLA), Rock N Roller(DHS), Launch-California Screamin, Flyer-Tatsu, Woodie-Colossus(SFMM), Other-X2,Matterhorn Bobsleds, Hyper-Goliath(SFMM), Inverted-Batman(SFMM),Dueling Dragons,Montu, Boomerang-V2(SFDK) :b :airtime: :mickey:

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:06 pm

^Don't know. Tried putting in some availability searches with no luck other than Castaway Bay, for obvious reasons.

EDIT: Aah, my posts are FINALLY in the 21st century.

No Discernible Talent Whatsoever!

Postby King of Ka » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:49 pm

FeelTheFORCE wrote:
Goliath513 wrote:To clear things up, here is a satellite photo posted on websitefullofdouchebags showing where it is.

Do you or does anyone know what program they used?

Also, yes, WT is the tallest and fastest impulse in the world and the only impulse with 2 twisted spikes.

Windows Live Maps. It's like Google Earth, except it doesn't suck. :)

And V2 also has a second twist, on a 45 degree angle.

Postby Carnage » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:13 pm

sfmmrules! wrote:When does Cedar Point start taking online reservations for their resort hotels?

Not sure, but I wish they'd upgrade their reservations website.

CP has a fairly good looking website, and then all of a sudden you end up in a reservation site that looks like a poorly designed website from 1995.

Turtle Maker

Can you sleep/ stay the night on the beach!

Postby eBen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:31 am

dandaman wrote:Tried putting in some availability searches with no luck other than Castaway Bay, for obvious reasons.

I normally get an error screen or it trying to download a .dll file

Does anyone know if these hotels normally book up fully? And what would be my chances if I just turned up and said do any of them have a room for a couple of days.
((53 + 112 + 17 + 24 + Scandi + Mid America + North East + China so far + other = >4??) - (powered = bah + humbug)) = Happy Fun Time

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:59 am

Just saw a small article in the Buffalo News today that talks about the new kids area at CP and the new attractions at Holiday World. They confirm that all seven of the rides will indeed be coming from Geauga Lake, including the miniature train and the "mini-tea-cup-style ride." No mention of the kiddie roller coaster though...

Of note, they do mention that Cedar Fair shut GL down citing "low attendance" as the reason.

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:21 pm

CP is also getting Skyscraper from Valleyfair! that will replace the X-treme Trampolines in Challenge Park.

CP Blog

Screamscape

King of Ka wrote:And V2 also has a second twist, on a 45 degree angle.

V2 only has one twisted spike. ;)

PreviousNext