Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Uber Designer

Postby Real » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:21 am

My question:

If it were designed as an aqua trax, whats it matter?

I think its far more plausable to design and fabricate those 3 peices of track than it is to change the design of the trains, fabricate AND decal those in the same amount of time.

Speculation, sure. Silly? kinda. Good report and pictures.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:36 am

The trains didn't need to be built in teh same amount of time.

If it was originally designed for a different type of train they were probably already well aware that that segment of track would most likely be too intense. But if the barrel roll track had already been fabricated they could put it in and see what the actual forces were, but still fabricate the alternative track just in case.

This seems like the most likely scenario. The timing of the replacement track always seemed way to quick. Complicated steel pieces cannot be fabricated, painted, shipped, and installed THAT quickly.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby denning » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:59 am

I assumed this agrument was over a long time ago.

The aquatrax prototype directly lead to Maverick.

Future ride designs will likely use the shorter coaster cars that worked so well with Kinga Ka, like Maverick does.

Same with the TTD protoype and its themeing, with the future rides Intamin switched to the more traditional design.

Now, I am trying to imagine a heavily themed maverick, with unqiue trains in a far off land, sounds like a winner to me.

Spinach plus Tuna makes the taste of the paste!

Postby Reality15 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:30 am

Maverick is not an aqua trax. I've seen the blueprints, talked to the programmer, and was a part of the re-construction and programming all through the month of May. The ride is a new product from Intamin called the "Ricochet Lift and Launch" coaster, not an "Aqua Trax".
Check me out on: Flickr // YouTube // Facebook // Twitter

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:10 am

^Haha, I could totally see how they came up with that project name! LOL!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby hemmy » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:21 am

asr wrote:
Skramp wrote:Here's my only question about the Maverick Aqua Trax debate.........Why does Maverick close so quickly at the slightest bit of rain? Is it just the trains? I mean if it was originally an Aqua Trax design wouldn't it have been designed to handle a little bit of water in spots? But overall, I have to agree with Robb, the similarities are just too close to not think that this may have originally been an Aqua Trax design.

That is just Cedar Fair policy after the incident on Magnum.

And about the heartline roll being designed for Aquatrax trains... I think it is more plausible for Maverick's current trains to go through the roll than for Aquatrax cars. Maverick's roll was extremly tight, and I think that the longer Aquatrax cars would only worsen whatever problems the roll had.

Which makes no sense considering Maverick, TTD, MF, WT all use magnetic breaks which I would assume water would not effect.

However TTD in the rain is a bad idea.

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:47 am

My theory is, the only possible reason as to why Maverick wasn't an Aquatrax was solely for capacity and train reasons. Since Maverick uses traditional Intamin rocket trains with OTSR's, Maverick would have a higher capacity with the regular rocket trains than the Aquatrax trains.
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby DaveH80 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:15 pm

Atlantis Adventure looks like a fun coaster! I'm curious, how was the French revolution indoor Vekoma? The vertical loop over the bridge and helix around the fountain looks unique.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LcHg5265 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:51 pm

hemmy wrote:
Which makes no sense considering Maverick, TTD, MF, WT all use magnetic breaks which I would assume water would not effect.

However TTD in the rain is a bad idea.

While rain does not effect magnets, they can not totally stop a coaster train. In theory, the trains can still hit if there was no friction between the powered tires and the train.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:59 pm

DaveH80 wrote:Atlantis Adventure looks like a fun coaster! I'm curious, how was the French revolution indoor Vekoma? The vertical loop over the bridge and helix around the fountain looks unique.

We will dicuss that when we post our Lotte World TR. This thread is about Maverick being an Aqua Trax! NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

--Robb

PreviousNext