Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: Mike240SX, smartestcoasterkidever! and 27 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:20 am

All right... I lied.

If it's a Mack Wild Mouse, CP would then proceed to add an inch to the height in order to over-overmarket it as "the best ever and only spinning coaster at this park".

This might keep the fanboy masses happy... I mean, there hasn't been a new coaster opened since, like, 3 months ago.

I say add one of those insane self-powered boats for a little while and see how long it takes for some morbosity to sue for "making me do all the work".

// They should include Soak City with your Breakers stay to make a small step towards justifying the room rate.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:57 am

It very well could be a smaller coaster, like a wild mouse or whatever, because CP built WT in 2002, then TTD in 2003, so they have built coaster in back to back years before. I am still sticking to it being a topple tower, though, or possibly some kind of water ride. But if the topple tower has fountains and gets the riders wet, they can 'kill two birds with one stone'.

An American Classic.

Postby Masked_Maverick » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:05 am

I know what they are getting. A friend of a friend of a friend whose Cousin works at a Lemon Chill stand in Challenge Park told me. It's a giant hole. It's purpose to keep the fanboys guessing what CP is up to since it has been a whopping 6 months since any construction whatsoever has been done at the park.
"I'm not questioning your powers of observation I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."-V

Official Credit Count: 49

Unofficial Credit Count(including whored/mobile credits): 52

I Love Eli Manning!

Postby coastercrazed49 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:05 am

^That would be the mostly likely guess for me, or they would build a giant ride themed to a trashcan. ;)

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:08 am

Dick Kinzel's Cryogenic Freeze Chamber and Tomb.

// "Now I can run the park FOREVER! Muhaaahaahaa!"
Ted

An American Classic.

Postby Masked_Maverick » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:10 am

coastercrazed49 wrote:^That would be the mostly likely guess for me, or they would build a giant ride themed to a trashcan. ;)

No, the Giant Trash Can themed ride is for 2009. This same Lemon Chill person told me so.
"I'm not questioning your powers of observation I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."-V

Official Credit Count: 49

Unofficial Credit Count(including whored/mobile credits): 52

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby coaster05 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:13 am

CoasterFanatic wrote:Dick Kinzel's Cryogenic Freeze Chamber and Tomb.

// "Now I can run the park FOREVER! Muhaaahaahaa!"

I thought his goal was to buy all the other parks, make them worse, then in comparision CP looks better.

I Love Eli Manning!

Postby coastercrazed49 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:17 am

Masked_Maverick wrote:
coastercrazed49 wrote:^That would be the mostly likely guess for me, or they would build a giant ride themed to a trashcan. ;)

No, the Giant Trash Can themed ride is for 2009. This same Lemon Chill person told me so.

Darn now I am gonna have to wait a whole nother year! :P

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby MrTwister » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:24 am

let it be ready til May 2008! Thats the next time I want visit CP!

Yeah let it be like May 2006, my first time in US an CP! 2 Roll baks, low crowds, little raining, over 7 rides Dragster front row, over 10 times MF etc....

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby BrownStreak » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:31 am

They had gotten into this groove (or rut) of opening major rides on even years and minor ones on odd years i.e.: MANTIS '96, Chaos '97, POWER TOWER '98, Camp Snoopy '99, M-FORCE '00, etc. At some point they did a double coaster year when they added WT- in my opinion they copied the wrong ride from GL! So they are now on major odds and minor evens- though if you are a kid- Camp Snoopy was a major addition and they got Woodstock Express out of it which is a nice coaster to transition from JG to say Wild Cat or Iron Drag.

Going just on this predictable track record I would definately say that it won't be much and they even said anything yet whereas when I worked there in '99 much work was being done on Millie before HE opened (ships get to be girls- coasters can be boys).
Of the road, but still in a truck...By the way, that's my dog Millie (named after Millennium Force) over there to the left!

PreviousNext