Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: Coltrane and 35 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby youthink? » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:32 pm

This is my new favorite coaster! :b My very first ride was in the very back and man that drop was insane! My mom said she saw stars on that drop! The low to the ground turns were awesome, as was the ejector airtime hill that whipped you over. The 2 inversions were surprisingly fun with some airtime on them, especially the second one. Then comes the insane launch in the tunnel. Man that was sensory overload! The lights made me dizzy, and you shoot out into daylight again. The turn over the lake was fun, S-Bend was ok. but the 2 Stengel Dives were sweet, they literally pushed you to the side! Over another airtime hill and end brakes. Pure sex.

Spinach plus Tuna makes the taste of the paste!

Postby Reality15 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:34 pm

So, I have to admit. My last day working on Maverick was two weeks ago, and already I miss the ride. I racked up 52 rides on it while working at the Point this summer, and I've realized it really is an amazing ride.

And to those of you that said hi to me this summer, I love you. Fill all the empty seats.
Check me out on: Flickr // YouTube // Facebook // Twitter

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Postby CP_RULES » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:38 pm

Reality15 wrote:And to those of you that said hi to me this summer, I love you.

I love you too. :lover:
-Justin Seabaugh -Official Brake Fanboy
M-I-Z-Z-O-U ENGINEERING Go Tigers!

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby cprocks22 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:53 pm

^Kinda creepy :lolr:
Thanks for doing an awesome job Jon! I saw you once but I didn't have a chance to say hi unfortunately. Hopefully I'll catch you at Cedar Point this summer, even if you aren't working on Maverick.

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:30 am

rollerdude wrote:Did anybody who has ridden it recently notice that there is a vibration when the train moves at high speeds?

The patented Intamin Rattle. I find its not really high speed areas only, but high speed areas combined with some twisting of the wheel assembly. I dont notice it much in a straight line but when banking and taking it at higher speeds its just typical.

Much like MF's Super Intamin Rattle which makes it oh not so much fun.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby haux » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:02 am

The Intamin rattle is so noticeable on Maverick, you can hear it when you stand on the midway. I noticed it about a month ago. It sure didn't take long!

The ride's still tons of fun. I rode it on Sunday.
I am out of ideas for what to write in this signature box.

I'm skating on thin ice.

Postby Eric_Smith » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:32 am

Finally got to ride this and it is now my favorite ride.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby XII » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:23 pm

Maverick is Awsome! Every inch of Maverick is Insane!!!!
Just because yours is smaller doesn't make you less of a man. Unless we're talking about your brain.
http://www.incrediblecoasters.com

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby coastakid » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:32 pm

I got to ride Maverick for my first time on the July 24 during the hotel special hours? I was there with camp and I rode front row. I really didn't enjoy it that much the first time since it hurt my neck. The next day I sprinted with one of my camp friends and we got on the 13rd ride of the day becuase we stopped sprinting for about 10 seconds to catch our breathe. We went front row again that day but for some reason I enjoyed the ride an incredibly large amount more this ride... I don't know why! I just did and it took my #1 coaster. Maverick is an amazing ride IMO.

-coastakid

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Postby CP_RULES » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:49 am

coastakid wrote:I got to ride Maverick for my first time on the July 24 during the hotel special hours? I was there with camp and I rode front row. I really didn't enjoy it that much the first time since it hurt my neck. The next day I sprinted with one of my camp friends and we got on the 13rd ride of the day becuase we stopped sprinting for about 10 seconds to catch our breathe. We went front row again that day but for some reason I enjoyed the ride an incredibly large amount more this ride... I don't know why! I just did and it took my #1 coaster. Maverick is an amazing ride IMO.

-coastakid

Maverick is a back seat ride, though the front is still good.

Why didn't you ride in the back?
-Justin Seabaugh -Official Brake Fanboy
M-I-Z-Z-O-U ENGINEERING Go Tigers!

PreviousNext