Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 20 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Kstr737 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:37 pm

1. Magnum
2. Dragster
3. Millennium Force
4. Raptor
5. Gemini
6. Blue Streak
7. Mean Streak
8. Wildcat
9. Mantis
10. Wicked Twister
11. Corkscrew
12. Mine Ride
13. Iron Dragon
14. Disaster Transport
15. Woodstock’s Express
16. Jr. Gemini

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby LegendLover » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:54 pm

Hey all! I just finished with my first day at Cedar Point! Well, I'm not going to lie, I loved the coasters (that were open), but I wasn't overall a huge fan of a lot of aspects about the park. I'll get back to that a little later. It was my first time going to the park with Steel Vengeance, and I loved the ride! I thought it was gonna feel like a bit MORE, but I still loved it! I just felt like the airtime was gonna be a lot more violent like Storm Chaser. The airtime just felt a bit weaker, but there was a lot of it. It's so hard to determine what my favorite coaster in the park is. Its probably a three-way tie between Maverick, Steel Vengeance, and Millennium Force. Millennium Force might actually be my favorite.
I mentioned above that I love the coasters of Cedar Point, but am not a fan of a lot of aspects about the park. So, the first time I went to Cedar Point was in 2017 and it was on a overcast day at the beginning of the season; today, was a sunny day with a no clouds covering the sun. WHY IS THERE SUCH A LACK OF SHADE IN THE PARK???? So I'm ginger, and I layer on the sunscreen like NO OTHER. I was still sunburnt by noon. I think the main reason for that is that a lot of the midways in the park are so wide with NO SHADE. Millennium's queue is especially awful. Speaking of that, the line for access passes was half an hour long and it was all on that unshaded midway. The line was shorter than the line at Maverick, but it moved at half the speed. I wanted to get more rerides, but I saw the lines stretching into those unshaded cattle pens on a lot of rides, and I was just like "nope, not today." I love Cedar Point, I just don't have as much of a good time there as at other parks because of the lack of shade. I just wish the cattle pens were under a permanent roof or under those shade structures that they have over part of some of the queues.
Speaking of the access passes, I kinda wasn't a huge fan of the system that they used for the access passes. When I was at Kings Island yesterday, they were able to pass out the passes like crazy so that people weren't lined up on the pathways; Kings Island was busy, but the line was never longer than ten people for the access pass. All of the access pass lines stretched through the park. They were quick with Steel Vengeance, fairly quick with Maverick, but slow with Millennium. I wish that the system was an online reservation you could make. Or, since you have to make a reservation to get into the park (either as a passholder or as a hotel guest, which I was), I wish that they gave you a time that you can get on the three big coasters, if you do choose so. It was just kinda annoying to wait forty minutes for an access pass, and then wait another hour to ride after you have your pass.
I had a good time today there's no doubt about that, it was just kinda annoying at times.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:58 pm

My Last Visit sadly from 2013

Maverick

Raptor
Mill Force
TTD (still scares the crap out of me)
Wicked Twister
Magnum
Mantis
Gatekeeper
Gemini
Blue Streak
Mine Ride
Iron Dragon
Corkscrew
Woodstock express
jr gemini
mean streak
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:09 pm

Still at the park for Day 2 now. Much improved from yesterday... But I'm not sure how much of that is actually improved operations or just me tempering my expectations.

In great news, Dragster was cycling again. Spoke with a white-shirt supervisor that was working the ride, who informed me that they were going through the state certification process and that if everything went according to plan,
it would be opening to the public tomorrow afternoon. Now, this is Dragster we're talking about, so chances are something will go wrong, but personally I'm fingers crossed for my first ride on it since 2008.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 150(!)
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Steel Vengeance, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby JG-77 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:34 pm

Is the magnum seatbelt trick just wearing the seatbelt really tight?
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:41 pm

Yep! To prevent your legs from crashing into the lap bar over hills.
-Mike
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Steel Vengeance, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby JG-77 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:42 pm

How painful is it with a loose seatbelt? What's the restraint made of?
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:48 pm

Unpadded metal. It's painful. Trust me you want the seat belt as tight as possible and like at least 3 inches between the bar and your thighs. I kinda lift my legs and scooch forward when they're checking the restraints, then on the lift slide back and tighten the hell out of the belt.
-Mike

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:51 pm

JG-77 wrote:How painful is it with a loose seatbelt? What's the restraint made of?

as Mike says. . REALLY painful.

and that last dip, that's hidden in the tunnel? will ABSOLUTELY F-up your back, if you do not have the seat belt tight.

(you slam up then down into the seat, right on your tailbone)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:28 pm

^ This is true. Bert taught me everything about riding Magnum. :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext