Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: AndrewA86, operative_me and 42 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby DBru » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:26 am

^^Keep in mind that some days are already full and there are plenty of people waiting and hoping for spots to open up.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby thepoint4life23 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:33 am

People have been mad that the parks didn't open when it should of. Parks open and they find something that will not change your day and all and complain about it. I just learned that some people will complain about anything. You could give them a free fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo and would complain that the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo is free.

truthfully the $2 is worth the peace of mind. I hate having anything in my pockets I am worried the whole ride that something might come out. Rather enjoy the ride and give the park a few bucks. Also this year that 2 dollars might mean more to the park than me.

The ride lines closing early is interesting, I was at Kings Island Sunday and got in line right about closing with no issues. With that said the line was about a 4 train wait.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby hoppedup » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:52 am

DBru wrote:^^Keep in mind that some days are already full and there are plenty of people waiting and hoping for spots to open up.

That's why I want to cancel. I just wish they'd make it as easy to cancel as it is to sign up.

edit: I called and got bounced around to a few different people and then put on hold. I gave up and moved my reservation out as far as I could, hoping there is a better system for cancellation in place before then.

Also, the 'contact us' link on the website said, "Give us a call or send a note..." Couldn't find a number. I had to google to get the guest services phone number.
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby adamico2 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:09 pm

coasterbill wrote:So okay... if you want to think that way then Steel Vengeance is a "$2 upcharge" and every other ride plus admission is free all year. You can't even get that kind of a deal at Knoebels.

Great point! I'll go with this perspective from now on. CF really is providing pass holders with great value, (nearly) two seasons for the price of one.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:06 am

thepoint4life23 wrote:The ride lines closing early is interesting, I was at Kings Island Sunday and got in line right about closing with no issues. With that said the line was about a 4 train wait.

Millennium Force isn't going to have a 4 train wait though. Especially not now. If it did, they wouldn't close it early that day.

This all makes sense since the park needs to try to salvage something of this season financially and they have no staff, so they probably don't feel like paying people overtime or needing more than one shift.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:47 pm

coasterbill wrote:This all makes sense since the park needs to try to salvage something of this season financially and they have no staff, so they probably don't feel like paying people overtime or needing more than one shift.

Did the overtime laws change in Ohio for seasonal amusement venues this year? I'm guessing paying overtime still isn't a thing at the park... but besides the point (ha), I get what you're saying.

Based on early reviews of the park on day #1 it sounds like a shitshow. Return passes (wannabe freeway) for the big 3 that were still open but still several hour waits with a return time. Yikes.

bRiNg It BaCk!!!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:05 pm

KarlaKoaster wrote:I think this is the year to cut parks a bit of slack.

Or just cut parks all together.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby teacherkim » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:37 pm

So, KI is now selling FP+ (no regular FP, just +) Just bought some online. Wonder if CP will do the same? Since we will be at CP for two days I am probably more likely to wait until we get there and scope it out. Will keep my eye on it.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Mike240SX » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:51 pm

AWESOME news, considering I just checked in to my mason hotel
-Mike
Total Coasters: 150(!)
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Steel Vengeance, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:55 pm

^^Cedar Point is a bit of an operational show show right now with half the rides closed and 1-3 hour lines even after handing out “boarding passes” for Steel Vengeance, Millennium, and Maverick. Even ADA lines were backed up down the respective staircases of each coaster. Kings Island seems to be off to a much smoother start so it makes sense that they would reimplement Fast Lane Plus, but I definitely don’t see that working at Cedar Point any time soon.

With that being said, my friends and I still had a wonderful time at the park today despite high temps, long lines, and lots of closures. It’s simply a special place to be (with some truly kickass coasters) and I’m just glad I got the chance to visit while I’m on this side of the country.

On a negative note, they’ve demolished the trees around Red Garter Saloon and Panda Express and it has absolutely ruined the area. Does anyone know when this happened and/or why?
0D34E1D4-87F9-4DB6-A282-20874711E307.jpeg

PreviousNext