Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: hyyyper and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:57 pm

To some visitors, "it's all over" in their heads, and proceed to act
like anything that deters them is a Total Inconvenience. Bummer.

I do not miss those people at all, at any park, any time of day.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Satans Hockey » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:49 pm

tndank wrote:
adamico2 wrote: I can't exactly do that with my car keys...

I use a magnetic hide a key under my car with the key.

I'd be more worried someone saw me do that or the magnet decides to stop working and falls and someone ends up driving away with my car lol

I'd rather pay the $1 or $2 if I can't keep my keys in my pockets lol

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby teacherkim » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:53 pm

Really, $2 for a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo is a problem? Pfftt, that's one of the reasons I spend $300 for a room at the Breakers......and then just leave keys and phone in the "free" fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo in your room, lol.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:15 pm

I think this is the year to cut parks a bit of slack. There are going to be a lot of things that are annoying and disappointing. We're enthusiasts and should understand better than anyone why some of these changes are necessary.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:18 am

^
I agree 100%. I really hate that some of the enthusiasts that are back at the parks have already gone back to complaining about petty things like fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo, one train ops, etc. Frankly, with everything going on in the world right now, consider yourself extremely fortunate to be visiting a park/riding a coaster at all.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Haymaker » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:34 am

So I guess that means Magnum and MF are upcharge too? Thats a lame hill to die on.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby hoppedup » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:14 am

Has anyone been able to cancel a reservation online with a Cedar Fair park? I logged in to CP website and was able to find a "Manage Reservation" button, entered my order number, but found no way to cancel. I really don't want to have to deal with a CSR on the phone if I don't have to. I have decided that parks just aren't going to happen for me this year.
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Mike240SX » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:34 am

As of right now, you need to call them. The "Reservation Portal" is only for rescheduling.

When KI first opened their reservations, I accidentally booked the wrong day and the change-online system didn't exist yet so I had to call in to cancel. Aside from the maybe 30 minutes on hold to be able to talk to someone, I had no issues.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 150(!)
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Steel Vengeance, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby tndank » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:20 am

hoppedup wrote:Has anyone been able to cancel a reservation online with a Cedar Fair park? I logged in to CP website and was able to find a "Manage Reservation" button, entered my order number, but found no way to cancel. I really don't want to have to deal with a CSR on the phone if I don't have to. I have decided that parks just aren't going to happen for me this year.

If you aren't going this year, why worry about cancelling? Don't sweat it. Take care and hopefully we'll see you next year.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:21 am

KarlaKoaster wrote:I think this is the year to cut parks a bit of slack. There are going to be a lot of things that are annoying and disappointing. We're enthusiasts and should understand better than anyone why some of these changes are necessary.

A few months ago we couldn't even go to a store, let alone a theme park. I definitely think everyone should be of the opinion that this year is going to be screwed up and anything we get is a bonus and something we would have killed for a few short months ago. I mean... Cedar Fair isn't even charging us for this season, right?

So okay... if you want to think that way then Steel Vengeance is a "$2 upcharge" and every other ride plus admission is free all year. You can't even get that kind of a deal at Knoebels.
Last edited by coasterbill on Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:24 am.

PreviousNext