Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Thu May 28, 2020 7:23 am

prozach626 wrote:(^ I hope you picked up on the sarcastic Easter egg in my post. I don't believe in anniversary addition rumors.)

110%. Just having some fun piling it on. ;)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Garet » Thu May 28, 2020 7:31 am

coasterbill wrote:
prozach626 wrote:I wouldn't rule out a new coaster, since next year Cedar Point will be celebrating its 150th operating year.

boldikus wrote:Cedar Point is totally getting a big giant badass roller freaking coaster next year. It's their 150th anniversary of operations!
What park would have a 150th birthday and not buy a frikkin colossal rollin coastin behemoth?
Lake Compounce, that's who. And that place is a steamin craphole.

Cedar Point is gonna outdo them all. Biggest birthday ever, its gonna be unbelievable. Believe me. They're gonna make the worlds biggest cake and have the most amount of smelly enthusiasts jump out of it and there's gonna be fireworks and lazers and synchronized dancing by sharks they're puttin in the lake. Don't forget your masks.

I hate both of you.

I roll my eyes when I see this argument come up again in an email notification. Then I notice the usernames of who posted it and all is well again.

I have no idea where this idea that park anniversaries are a big deal even started. Has there ever been an amusement park that made a huge deal out of one with a giant roller-coaster? I feel like even Disney is mostly just decoration and merchandise. I was at DisneySea for its 10th anniversary and it was just decorations and logos around the park and merchandise with 10 on it. For all I know it was the same merchandise they always sell just with 10's on the packaging.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby WolfBobs » Thu May 28, 2020 7:52 am

^I was at Disneyland during their 60th anniversary season and I'm pretty sure they opened a 400ft RMC T-rex themed to Frozen.. it has since been removed because it was for the anniversary season only.

In all seriousness enthusiasts for the last two decades have tied anniversaries to their rumors and wet dreams and I can't recall of a single instance that a park celebrated a major milestone anniversary with a major new coaster. Yet the cycle renews every year.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:58 am

^To be fair, it has happened a few times. Notably Six Flags Magic Mountain in 2011 (their 40th) when they opened backwards Superman, Green Lantern, and Road Runner Express. But then again, if any park in the world were to celebrate anniversaries with a new coaster, it would be SFMM. And barring any delays, I can totally see them celebrating their 50th next year with that new Jersey Devil clone.

But in general, yeah, anniversaries definitely do not correlate to new coasters that year.
Steel: 197 / Wood: 33 / Total: 230
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Thu May 28, 2020 8:09 am

Whoa whoa Michigan's Adventure for there 60th got a petting zoo which is a huge deal for them lol. Just like they had 60 years ago lmao
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:24 am

^LOL

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Haymaker » Thu May 28, 2020 11:36 am

WolfBobs wrote:^I was at Disneyland during their 60th anniversary season and I'm pretty sure they opened a 400ft RMC T-rex themed to Frozen.. it has since been removed because it was for the anniversary season only.

In all seriousness enthusiasts for the last two decades have tied anniversaries to their rumors and wet dreams and I can't recall of a single instance that a park celebrated a major milestone anniversary with a major new coaster. Yet the cycle renews every year.

Magic Kingdom and Epcot have Tron and Guardians of the Galaxy coming for MK's 50th and Epcot's 40th... kind of

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu May 28, 2020 12:07 pm

Beech Bend got a 2nd Super WalMart on their 10th anniversary :angel:
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby WolfBobs » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:34 am

Haven't seen this posted here but Ohio has extended the ban on mass gatherings to July 1. Making CP or KI opening before then unlikely unless outdoor attractions receive exceptions.

https://www.cleveland.com/coronavirus/2020/05/new-ohio-coronavirus-order-extends-mass-gathering-ban-until-july-1.html

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby thepoint4life23 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:38 am

Magnum seems to be testing. I would Guess They have been told that they can start prepping to open. Then the State will make the announcement in the next few days. Then Cedar Point/ Kings island will make an announcement after the state with dates
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext