Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: Pedrinho, pryonisys and 21 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:53 am

^A toy store and a mall together? Holy shit; that's a dying breed.

Mike240SX wrote:For someone who has talked a lot of shit on Robb and TPR on his Twitter page, coming here with your name and location, and some of your recent posts...yeah I give you a week.

:lmao: :lmao: I'm dead

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby cparkes92 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:40 pm

The gold passes will likely increase attendance slightly for 2020 overall. What will also increase attendance is that the calendar grants an extra week next year between Memorial Day and Labor Day (Memorial Day is on its earliest possible date and Labor Day is on its latest possible date). Weekdays before mid June will likely still be fairly quiet except for days with lots of school groups.

When I was at CP on the 19th, I noticed plenty of volunteers sitting at ride entrances and controlling the FL merge points. I also noticed Schlitterbahn employees manning the Magnum gate turnstiles.
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby operative_me » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:48 pm

Aha! So the REAL reason CF paid 260 million for Schliitterbahn was to get extra staff for Halloweekends. Brilliant!

Kidding aside, that is interesting to know. I guess if you have a labor pool willing to truck themselves all the way from Texas to Ohio you might as well take advantage.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:43 am

tndank wrote:
RollerManic wrote:If you want that Ferris Wheel so bad, here you go; It’s just an off-the-shelf kit:

https://www.knex.com/knex-thrill-rides-6-foot-ferris-wheel

They have one set up at the crappy toy store at the mall down the road here.

I have that model here in Korea, brought it off a leaving expat who got it from another person. They all used to use it in class to let the kids make models instead of the wheel since it had so many pieces. I used to too but my new school is more of an after-school where I see many different kids than the same ones so it's in my cupboard. When I inherited it, a few pieces were missing or broken but found a spare parts store and will hopefully dust it off one day to do with my son. He'll probably need a stool since I can barely reach the top. :p

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:38 am

cparkes92 wrote:
When I was at CP on the 19th, I noticed plenty of volunteers sitting at ride entrances and controlling the FL merge points. I also noticed Schlitterbahn employees manning the Magnum gate turnstiles.

When I was there, this girl working the entrance of Wicked Twister told someone Maverick was at the front of the park and then said "I'm not really sure though, this is my first day." So I politely told both of them where Maverick was (and that it was broken) and she explained she works in the summer at Waldameer, but was sorta drafted to work at CP for Halloweekends. :|

They really seem to be looking for anyone and I mean anyone to work Halloweekends.

Is it a logical thought that with everyone having Gold Passes next year Fast Lane will see less sales because people will simply come more often, instead of going all out for 1 visit? I hope so. Outside of Magnum and Gemini, you still have to wait 15-45 minutes for most of the coasters even with Fast Lane.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Pedrinho » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:10 am

Does anyone know why they dumped the Main Midway live camera?
https://www.cedarpoint.com/explore/live-video
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Coastard69 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:35 am

Mike240SX wrote:
Coastard69 wrote:^Oh ok, well probably with the metal detectors, it would be still be quite slow moving. But perhaps not an hour. I'm seriously considering going.

For someone who has talked a lot of shit on Robb and TPR on his Twitter page, coming here with your name and location, and some of your recent posts...yeah I give you a week.

:P
Your Favorite Coaster Sucks
Available on Spotify, Stitcher, Soundcloud and Apple Podcasts
440 Coasters - a few of them are good

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:41 am

Coastard69 wrote:
Mike240SX wrote:
Coastard69 wrote:^Oh ok, well probably with the metal detectors, it would be still be quite slow moving. But perhaps not an hour. I'm seriously considering going.

For someone who has talked a lot of shit on Robb and TPR on his Twitter page, coming here with your name and location, and some of your recent posts...yeah I give you a week.

:P

Oh hi.... bye!!!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:46 am

Pedrinho wrote:Does anyone know why they dumped the Main Midway live camera?
https://www.cedarpoint.com/explore/live-video

It was probably the sacrifice that got Orion's construction cam back up.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:49 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:
cparkes92 wrote:

When I was there, this girl working the entrance of Wicked Twister told someone Maverick was at the front of the park and then said "I'm not really sure though, this is my first day." So I politely told both of them where Maverick was (and that it was broken) and she explained she works in the summer at Waldameer, but was sorta drafted to work at CP for Halloweekends. :|

They really seem to be looking for anyone and I mean anyone to work Halloweekends.

Is it a logical thought that with everyone having Gold Passes next year Fast Lane will see less sales because people will simply come more often, instead of going all out for 1 visit? I hope so. Outside of Magnum and Gemini, you still have to wait 15-45 minutes for most of the coasters even with Fast Lane.

This has been the case for the last several years at Cedar Point, it's not recent at all. Once Halloweekends starts staffing is a major issue, so the park uses volunteers (typically college students in some student organization) that are only there for the weekend. Many have never been to the park before, and it's really not the park's fault. There just isn't staffing available for weekend only seasonal positions in Ohio.
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

PreviousNext