Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: Pedrinho and 33 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:29 pm

bill_s wrote:Is queue-times accurate for this park? Wait times for the big rides haven't particularly changed since a few weeks ago. The lesser rides I think have improved, perhaps that's just the way that works. There has been some user posts of much shorter lines, but one of those was TTD 5 minutes, which wouldn't have been believable even if the ride was open. By next Monday almost every kid in the country should be in school, so I'm hopeful. But still not sure. Considering driving 2 hours more to skip tolls and save for fastlane, but also I'm doing the 2 half-days plan so that will be only the larger half at best. If it wasn't beautiful I'd be reconsidering very heavily.

I'd skip the tolls and change your plan to two days only in order to get FLP. Let's say that even if the park is not that crowded it will make every ride walk-on.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:53 am

Stopped by the park yesterday evening, arriving around 6pm to a 2/3 full lot. The only thing we really waited for was Valravn, at 1hr which was sad because it should have easily been half that. They stacked each... and... every... train. I couldn't believe how terrible this crew was the entire time we were in line! Running three trains and constantly stacking all three. Oy. Six Flags operations here! :lmao:

Last ride on Raptor had another issue, where a rider was sick/fainting or something and waiting for EMT to arrive. Crew never announced anything, so the station got a big rowdy. To the point a guest nearby was practically insulating the poor girl on the ride for not getting off (who was fainting and/or sick),yelling that that the park is closed, she ain't stuck, etc... Quite rudely. The girls friend was basically yelling back at this guy, it was getting fairly heated and totally unnecessary. Felt bad for the girl. Sad thing is, there was an officer in the station who did nothing except stand there, on top of the ride crew not even as much as informing the guests there was a medical issue and awaiting EMT before continuing operation. So it just fueled this station of people basically verbally insulting this girl awaiting EMT's. Could have been handled so much better...

Aside from that, all was great. Everything else we rode was 5-10min... Blue Streak, Magnum, Rougarou, Gatekeeper and our rides on Valravn and Raptor... Enjoyed a lap on the train and the antique cars. Beautiful weather, perfect evening.

So aside from the horrendous Valravn crew and the incompetence at Raptor, great visit!
-Steve

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:58 am

Top Thrill Dragster is testing apparently.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:36 pm

I believe it has now opened. Somebody I follow on Instagram just rode it.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby josephcissell » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:05 pm

Confirmed. Dragster is open again. Got on it around 4pm

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby SbSteveZ » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:23 pm

Not sure if the website is completely updated, but apparently there’s a whole bunch of new stuff this year:

Scare Zones:
- CornStalkers 2.0: Revenge of the Pumpkin Heads

Battleground HalloZone (new for 2019 at Celebration Plaza)
- Boneyard Battleground (scare zone)
- Dead End Kitchen Alley (food trucks)
- Raging Inferno (Heavy Metal Show on Luminosity stage)
- Skin & Bones (Skeleton Band Show on Luminosity stage)
- Toxicity (Acrobatics Show on Luminosity stage)

Other new things include:
- Happily Never After (Red Garter Saloon Show)
- Midnight Syndicate: Creatures of Darkness
- the Pumpkin Patches (BackBeatQue stage)

I’m honestly a little surprised there’s nothing happening in Forbidden Frontier. Seems like it could be the perfect place for some form of walk through haunted maze or something. Regardless I’m glad to see so much new this Haunt!
Last Coaster: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby operative_me » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:45 pm

From what was stated by the park, they didn't want to push the Forbidden Frontier area too hard in it's first year, but they remain open to using it in the future for Halloweekends.

I'm with you though, it seems ready made for Haunt stuff. Which I am sure is by design.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby cparkes92 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:24 am

Checked queue-times yesterday around 6pm and there were insane lines such as:
4 hours for Steel Vengeance
2 hours 15 minutes for Valravn
1 hour 45 minutes for Millennium Force
1 hour 30 minutes for Raptor
Corkscrew, GateKeeper, and Rougarou all showing one hour waits
Gemini (which is almost always a walk-on when I've been there) was showing a 45 minute wait
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:34 am

^ End of summer push, perhaps?

FL+ worth every penny and more on a day like that...wow.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:38 am

Crowds have shifted at CP the past few years. You can basically go anytime in May, June or July now and it's never THAT bad. But come late August through October, good luck.

With the pass promotions (including free fastlane), bring a friend free, Halloweekends, etc... Even the glorious Fridays in September are thing of the past unless weather is bad. Sundays are picking up as well, as those ticket and free fastlanes are only available Fri/Sun for use. They have filled up what used to be their slower days.

I miss those dead Halloweekends Friday's! Could always count on a dead park... Easily my absolute favorite times to go to CP. Now, as an example, last year the second Friday during Halloweekends I believe it was, I had to turn around and go home as the wait to get into the park was across the entire damn causeway! :lmao: In the past, you would be surprised if the lot was more than maybe half full.

Good for the park, though!
-Steve

PreviousNext