Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Ed Farmer » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:22 pm

pǝʇɹǝʌuı wrote:I really like how Carowinds has water fountains in all their queue lines and I think other parks should follow suit.

They're rocky mountaining the queues to include water fountains for the anniversary next year. I saw the trucks already.
Been you to have any spike, man?

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby rjr19 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:43 am

I know TTD obviously is notorious for its excessive downtime and all (I go every year for the past 8 years, only been on it a few times because it’s never open when I’m there) but lately this is far worse than usual. Closed since Saturday I believe. Anyone know what’s going on with it?
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:46 am

This is not far worse than usual. This is the textbook definition of usual. Two years ago it vaporized a brake fin and was closed for weeks. :lol:

They're just getting their annual week-long breakdown out of the way early this year.

Postby prozach626 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:31 am

The real definition of worse than normal:

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:34 pm

Ed Farmer wrote:
pǝʇɹǝʌuı wrote:I really like how Carowinds has water fountains in all their queue lines and I think other parks should follow suit.

They're rocky mountaining the queues to include water fountains for the anniversary next year. I saw the trucks already.

Well, that's good news! I can't imagine it's a cheap or easy upgrade.

Postby DILinator » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:45 pm

coasterbill wrote:This is not far worse than usual. This is the textbook definition of usual. Two years ago it vaporized a brake fin and was closed for weeks. :lol:

They're just getting their annual week-long breakdown out of the way early this year.

I've been riding (or attempting to ride) TTD since the first weekday of its operation in 2003, and can confirm: This IS 100% textbook TTD, for every single visit, every single year since! :lol:

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby skyrocket010 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:06 pm

When I rode it Saturday we experienced 3 rollbacks. Each launch got weaker and weaker. They launched it a fourth time with only the first 4 rows filled and it only made it 2/3 of the way up. So I assume something with the launch.

rjr19 wrote:I know TTD obviously is notorious for its excessive downtime and all (I go every year for the past 8 years, only been on it a few times because it’s never open when I’m there) but lately this is far worse than usual. Closed since Saturday I believe. Anyone know what’s going on with it?

Postby prozach626 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:40 pm

Yeah, good guess...

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby bluestreak » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:15 pm

One of my friends was at the park today and said it was testing so I assume itll be open again this weekend
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Pedrinho » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:04 am

Perhaps some Knoebel's staff should make the drive up to Sandusky to bring them one of their famous "Waiting On Parts From Europe" signs. :)
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

PreviousNext