Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: Google Adsense [Bot], Pedrinho and 41 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby coasternut » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:52 pm

^^ I ate at that new BBQ place when I was there for Coastermania and the food was poor, and cold. The better new place is where the Midway Market was, over by Raptor. Great Italian food.
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby southpuddle » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:18 pm

If food that’s supposed to be hot is literally cold, send it back. If “cold” means “not immediately out of the oven/fryer/pan, onto your plate and sat in front of you”, then you need to re-evaluate your expectations of amusement park food.
Last edited by southpuddle on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:31 am.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SFSTLInsider » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:09 pm

Famous Dave’s has always been good on my trips to CP

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:11 pm

It's funny we are having this discussion. My father and I have lived in Memphis, St. Louis, and Kansas City - so if there's one thing we know, it's good barbeque. One of my father's first remarks entering Cedar Point and driving around Perimeter Road was "oh hey - they have a Famous Dave's here". He's been around me than me (obviously) and said it's alright barbeque, nothing special, but we both agreed that the location on the marina was pretty neat.

I thought about maybe eating there just for the location, but we only ended up eating twice in the park. We're pretty good at not eating in parks, but for our first meal of our stay we hadn't quite gotten our bearings together yet, so we grabbed Chick-a-Fila. We're big Chick-a-Filla fans (strictly nonpolitical about it; I'm a health conscious person and it makes my short list of decent fast food. I love their grilled chicken clubs on multigrain buns) and because it's pretty sentimental to us as we ate there a lot on our first trip ten years ago. The prices there are also very respectful - everything was less than a dollar more than at any other Chick-a-Fila. When it rained on us later in the day, we left the peninsula and went to Kroger to buy picnic food that we ate for the rest of our meals.

Plus, whether you like Chick-a-Fila or not, you have to admit it's the best Chick-a-Fila in the world if there is one because it's 10 feet from the exit of one of the world's best rides.

They only other place we ate at was Chickie and Pete's, and strictly for the crab fries. As a midwesterner who's only ever been as far north as New Jersey once, Ohio is pretty much "the East" (if it's in EST, it's the east) to me, and so I was very excited for another Chickie and Pete's. I'll break my diet and for a thing of crab fries once every five years (yes, that is exactly how long it'd been). The view of Raptor inside is really nice, but are the crab fries really $10 anywhere else or is that just an amusement park thing?
Last edited by RollerManic on Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:22 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:00 pm

When we went they had a time set aside for happy hour where you could get a draft beer and Crab Fries for $10. I highly recommend this.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:50 am

southpuddle wrote:If food that’s supposed to be hot is literally cold, send it back. If “cold” means “not immediately out of the oven/fryer/pan, onto your plate and sat in front of you”, then you need to re-evaluate your expectations of amusement park food.

The lines were too long to go back and complain. I was there to ride that weekend. I always have low expectations for their food. I'm not hard to please. I just heard this place was soooo good. Not my experience / opinion.
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

Postby prozach626 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:24 am

Sorry I was a little harsh. I think you kind of 'did it wrong,' though. There are a lot of good options at the park. You just have to follow the advice of frequent visitors and go during off hours to eat and go to the right places. Sucks, since you're a long way away from any decent park and you didn't have a stellar experience. I've been to parks before where I really wasn't impressed, but on my revisits I change up the formula and get a much better outcome.

I know you were there to ride, like you said. But, it can really change the overall experience to invest a little more time in all of the things that will make the memory more positive. Little things like food and stopping to relax and taken in the atmosphere can really make a big difference. Every bit counts. I'm not sure how deep you are into the hobby at this point, but I think a large portion of us focus less on riding and more on the bigger picture the longer we do this. I hope you have a better experience next time around.

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:17 am

Good morning.
Untitled.jpg

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby toomuchstereo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:19 am

[list=][/list]
coasterbill wrote:Good morning.

That's great news. I haven't been to CP since 2013 but I am planning a return next year. Valravn, SV, Floorless Mantis, and hopefully a trip that Gatekeeper isn't down for high winds most of the day.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:03 am

coasterbill wrote:Good morning.

Me trying to tell people not to believe the lies they read about theme parks and coasters on Facebook

{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

PreviousNext