Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterNerd87 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:07 am

rjr19 wrote:It’s an area all amusement parks need to step up a bit on, but especially CP, it just doesn’t quite meet the standard for what one would expect from the park.

I agree! How is it that across the parks, they do these brews and food events that have some pretty amazing food being sold from temporary kitchens? Then you look at their permanant park restaurants that are serving three chicken tenders and a handful of fries that have been sitting under a heat lamp for an hour for $15. What is the disconnect here?

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby KI Kidd » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:35 am

I don't know that there is a disconnect necessarily. As long as they can get away with it, they will sell the cheapest product at the biggest mark-up they can. If they are making a profit on it what incentive do they have to change it?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:18 am

If you look at the volume of people purchasing food at the festival events opposed to the volume of people in the park there's no comparison. The festival events are not practical for most families and younger people don't care about them. So, you're looking at way less people split up among a fraction of the guests. Try this strategy with the entire park and it's going to fail.

All of the restaurants were packed when we visited in June and the longest line I saw at the food festival stations were maybe a few people deep, if they had any line at all. They're also serving about sample size portions and simply collecting coupons. I have to think that events like this are more geared to bring people in the park than to make a profit off of food. Most importantly:

KI Kidd wrote:I don't know that there is a disconnect necessarily. As long as they can get away with it, they will sell the cheapest product at the biggest mark-up they can. If they are making a profit on it what incentive do they have to change it?

People praise Steel Vengeance, but they bitch about parking, bitch about Fast Lane customers, bitch about merchandise costs, and bitch about food. Where does the money to build these large attractions come from? There's a lot more to making money than the cost of admission. You can't cry about the food and then say, "What kind of 20 million dollar coaster do you think Cedar Point will get for their 150th anniversary?"

I feel like a lot of this goes back to Robb's spot on "Don't be a Theme park idiot" post in reference to purchasing food. Kid of like waiting in line for 30 minutes to buy burned chicken strips. If you're into this hobby and expect anything other than some of the aforementioned experiences then you're not good at adapting. We like going to Cedar Point because they're one of the few large corporate parks that actually offers some diversity from dry pizza and stamped hamburgers. I named six different examples just off the top of my head where Cedar Fair has 'stepped up their game' over other parks. If you're expecting anything else then pack a cooler lunch.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:31 am

There are legitimate criticisms to levy at Cedar Point but at this point I wouldn't make food options one of them any more. There's enough choice there at this point that I think unless someone is TOTALLY UNREASONABLE, they will find something pleasing. Melt is outright good. IMO definitely the best sit down restaurant in a regional park and probably in the top 5-7 of any park in the nation. I willingly ate there this weekend when I stopped in the park for two hours knowing I could have gotten a much cheaper meal outside in Sandusky. Like, what am I gonna miss out on that's better in Sandusky than Melt?

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby AndrewA86 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:52 am

Some of the food trucks are really good. My favorite is the Argentinian one. I forget what it’s called exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Stealth1 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:29 am

prozach626 wrote:If you look at the volume of people purchasing food at the festival events opposed to the volume of people in the park there's no comparison. The festival events are not practical for most families and younger people don't care about them. So, you're looking at way less people split up among a fraction of the guests. Try this strategy with the entire park and it's going to fail.

I disagree with the Festival food not being practical for most families. The amount of food I got for the price of less then 2 Chick-fil-A dinners was enough to easily feed a family of 4. The festival food is better then most of food offered in the park. If people would rather have long waits for Chick-fil-A or Panda Express it works for me. Less time to wait in line for the better food for me.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Doppel Looping » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:38 pm

Do they still serve freerange pandas at panda express?

Postby bert425 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:57 pm

wondering if they ever announced what was coming to the area where they removed Witches Wheel?

we were at the park just when they announced it was going away, and i remember talking to some park reps during our ERT session, and them saying that what they had planned for that area was going to really excite everyone, it was going to blow expectations away.

this isn't the haunted trails stuff is, right? (that went where Dinosaurs Alive was). . . so did they ever officially announce anything for that ride pad space over there?

just wondering.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:08 pm

Bert, I believe it is now a new BBQ place. * Yes it is named Back Beat Que.

Postby bert425 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:12 pm

^ hm. . weird.

they certainly were talking like it was going to be a ride of some sort, but I guess another decent food place IS something to get excited about :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext