Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: coasterbill, smartestcoasterkidever! and 39 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby asr » Sat May 26, 2007 8:00 am

No word on the tunnel yet, but the blog says that supposedly the first drop is the best part, and like I was expecting, there is crazy airtime in the back row. Also, supposedly there is even airtime in the S Bend.

And here is a kinda sucky Maverick operational pic

EDIT: I just got a shot of Maverick cresting the lift hill. Don't think we have that one yet
maverick 1.jpg
maverick 2.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat May 26, 2007 8:04 am

By the looks of this picture, the ride-ops are moving pretty fast, there is one on the overbank over the tunnel and one on the main hill. But then again, they only have to check 12 seats.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby asr » Sat May 26, 2007 8:08 am

Here is yet another shot of Maverick running. Also click here for an in-depth review of Maverick.
maverick 3.jpg

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat May 26, 2007 8:17 am

^ In that link you posted, he said that a train got stuck in the launch tunnel, resulting in a lift hill rollback as well. Looks like they have some bugs to work out, or human error to fix, unless it was caused by the rain. I guess they will still run this ride when it's pouring, because apparently they were today.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby asr » Sat May 26, 2007 8:25 am

FeelTheFORCE wrote:^ In that link you posted, he said that a train got stuck in the launch tunnel, resulting in a lift hill rollback as well. Looks like they have some bugs to work out, or human error to fix, unless it was caused by the rain. I guess they will still run this ride when it's pouring, because apparently they were today.

When he said that, I thought that it was something done on purpose to prevent the train coming up the lift from crashing into the train stuck in the launch tunnel, since they probably don't have enough blocks for any trains to be waiting in the launch tunnel for a train in front of them, and waiting on the brake run in the middle of the ride like that would sorta ruin it.

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat May 26, 2007 8:34 am

asr wrote:
FeelTheFORCE wrote:^ In that link you posted, he said that a train got stuck in the launch tunnel, resulting in a lift hill rollback as well. Looks like they have some bugs to work out, or human error to fix, unless it was caused by the rain. I guess they will still run this ride when it's pouring, because apparently they were today.

When he said that, I thought that it was something done on purpose to prevent the train coming up the lift from crashing into the train stuck in the launch tunnel, since they probably don't have enough blocks for any trains to be waiting in the launch tunnel for a train in front of them, and waiting on the brake run in the middle of the ride like that would sorta ruin it.

I know it was on purpose, that's what I was saying.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby asr » Sat May 26, 2007 8:38 am

Ah, I see. You were talking about the launch tunnel itself being the problem, not the rollback it caused being the problem :oops:

Just for the heck of it, heres another shot of Maverick I took...

EDIT: Just took another shot, looks like operations are slowing down

EDIT 2: More Maverick impressions here. The line was already over 4 HOURS LONG AT 9:30 AM :omg:
Maverick 4.jpg
Maverick 5.jpg

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat May 26, 2007 9:04 am

According to the guy that rode it, there is dual loading just like TTD (what the two lines are for leading up to the station...I was right :P ). Two trains load and go out to the pre-launch. When the first one gets past the tunnel, I'm assuming, the second one will launch.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Milkchan » Sat May 26, 2007 9:04 am

4-5 hour wait just at 9:30, It has to be even more now since the park opened at 10.
Does anyone know when they will release a POV of Maverick?

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Stealth » Sat May 26, 2007 9:07 am

Should be soon, they said they would release a PointCast showcasing the ride in the next week or so.

Don't know if anyone will get an unofficial POV before then though. How strict are they about taking cameras on rides?

PreviousNext