Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: RollerCoaster1980, southpuddle, thepoint4life23, Vonni and 56 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Location: Parkersburg,West Virginia(4 hours from Cedar Point)

Postby Robbie » Tue May 09, 2006 6:17 am

I really dont care what we get now since we havent had a coaster since 03 and ive been dying for a new one :lolr:

Former Knoebels Flyer Operator

Postby RCoasterny » Tue May 09, 2006 7:37 am

Actually, it's not going to be 500 feet. It will be 540 feet. Look at their past coasters: 205 feet, 310 feet, 420 feet... See the pattern? So their 500 foot coaster will be 540 feet, and then the 600 footer one will be 680 feet. Cedar Point will then skip right past 700 feet and go for 860 feet, then 1020 feet.
;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Tue May 09, 2006 9:28 am

Hopefully project 2007 includes new music that plays while Cedar Point resorts has you on hold.

I was just on hold for like 10 minutes. The damn song was just "Ride on snoopy, snoopy ride on yah yah yah yah yah". It just kept looping and looping and looping.

Now I'm going to have to resist the urge to punch snoopy when I get to the park. :x

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby CD » Tue May 09, 2006 9:44 am

HA HA :lmao: usually when I call I get the come on! get on! Cedar Point! song but I have never heard the snoopy song.

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Tue May 09, 2006 9:49 am

After reading this whole thread, I just think it is hilarious how the Cedar Point fanboys hate the idea of an Aqua Trax just because they don't like anything that doesn't go over 90mph and isn't a record breaker in height. First it was disappointment with another "flat ride" this year, and now these rumors. I'll have to head over to PointBuzz to see how many are crying over there :lmao:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Tue May 09, 2006 9:58 am

^ For me I'm not really complaining about what ride they're getting. Consdiering we don't even know for sure yet.

What I keep complaining about is the aqua trax concept in general. I just don't understand what it is, or what sets it apart from the rest of the intamins. :roll:

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Postby CP_RULES » Tue May 09, 2006 2:18 pm

First of all, I am NOT a CP fanboy (though I was when I got this screen name).

Secondly, I was not mad at the fact they got new flat rides, as they are both (Skyhawk and maXair) awesome rides. The thing about an aquatrax is it just doesnt look cool to me at all. IMHO, I would rather have a cool flat ride, or even another mine train than an aquatrax. Mainly because the aquatrax is not proven, and I dont know much about it. Also, I am disapointed in CP for trying so many concepts. The last thing CP needs is another prototype disaster.

Justin "there, I let it all out" Seabaugh

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Manic Monte » Tue May 09, 2006 2:29 pm

This "Aquatrax" rumor has gotten out of control.

CP took out a very popular water ride, why the heck would they add another? Why not just leave the old one.

I just don't see an Aqua anything at CP. Intamin water 'type' thrill rides and Cedar Fair do not a happy marriage make, cough Perilous Plunge cough cough.

The Marco Polo of Roller Coasters

Postby The Angry Darren Mullins » Tue May 09, 2006 3:56 pm

The Intamin Aqua Trax is nothing like the log flume Cedar Point removed. I was told in 2004 that an Aqua Trax was under development for a park called Cedar Point in Ohio. This info came from a few English speaking employees at Lotte World when I first got to ride the Atlantis Adventure there. An Intamin Aqua Trax would be a worthy addition to any park in America. It would make sense for Cedar Point to get one of these since the prototype has been built already and it works, plus no other park in America has one.

I'm Skinny

Postby trustkill22 » Tue May 09, 2006 4:02 pm

Do you know what I wish it was sord of. Is a Gerstauler Bobsled coaster. I've always wanted to try those with they're crazy helixs and classic mouse elements and not to mention the bunny hops. :airtime:

PreviousNext