Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: DarienPoint and 43 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Over obsessive disney disorder

Postby DarkStitch626 » Mon May 08, 2006 8:45 pm

I've just thought about a few of the clues that have been given now I know this makes some sence, but "Here we go again" seems very interesting . It could imply "Ok we did the ride now were doing something else.. and now "Taking a step in a different direction", coupled with that may imply going backwards.. as in "Here we go again.." the other way..

Has anyone thought about that for a second? :mickey:

This seems to sum something up in my head here.

Listed clues are.
"Bear with us" (animal theme maybe)
"Something is a foot" (footers showed up)
"Taking a step in a different direction"(backwards!)
"The path seen is not always the best taken" (not always going fowards is better)
"Here we go again!" yep new ride that might stop at some point and switch direction!)

Are there any others I missed here?

The Blog also toys with people asking them to be the detectives here. Signs have shown up since day one of the teasing with the plans in the trash and all that jazz but now things will start to heat up.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby MLRC7 CP » Mon May 08, 2006 9:32 pm

Could it be a spinning coaster, it fits with the "new direction" kind of, and the supposed track could be for TTD(maybe for transfer track) or spinner track, maybe even an X-car spinner

http://www.maurer-soehne.de/en/

click on Amuesment rides, then Xtended rollercoaster, then X-car, then variants

that would be awsome

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Mon May 08, 2006 9:59 pm

I know I've said this a few times, but I really, really doubt that this coaster will duel. Right now, I'm going to say that it will just be a really awesome Aqua-Trax, but will in no way be two tracks. I think theming will be a big deal on this one, which, I think, is better than building dueling coasters with little theme.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby CD » Mon May 08, 2006 9:59 pm

Well... A little birdie told me something too, and to me this sounds more reasonable and believable. I was told that a new White Water Landing will be built with a new Intamin coaster. He didn't tell me what the coaster would be but this idea makes a lot of sense to me. Look at the clues: the station, queue, and sign is still in tact. The logs are even still on the site, and the water pumps were not demolished. All that needs to be done is add the actual log flume that will be bigger, faster, and better than the original. Then build the new Intamin coaster. Hmmm.

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Mon May 08, 2006 10:36 pm

^Makes more sense to me than dueling Aqua-Trax/those ball coasters.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby VegasCoaster » Mon May 08, 2006 10:37 pm

Thinking about this a bit more, in the event of it being an aquatrax, it probably won't be themed as it is Cedar Point, and neglecting that, I think it would be quite hard to theme a ride to red track, unless you were going for a more modern theme, which doesn't fit with the area. It would look somewhat weird having all the old west theming and bright red track. If it is to be an aquatrax, it may have a bit more of an emphasis on the coaster aspect (inversions, airtime etc.) and mildly incorporate the water bit. As for the capacity issue, couldn't that change radically with the layout of the ride? As long as there are sufficient blocks, it could have a decent capacity, or perhaps they can use slightly different trains, like an actual train consisting of more than one car.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby martinb » Tue May 09, 2006 2:10 am

If it was an Aqua Trax it will be a disaster, mainly because they've kept it a huge secret and to suddenly come out with "our new coaster will be an Aqua Track coaster", everyone that has been getting all excited over it will just say.......meh? Its an average coaster that is made better by themeing. If they didn't keep it a secret then it wouldn't be as bad.

And if you think deeply, them signs might just be there to make your mind wonder.

Look what happened to that Intamin track that turned up at Thorpe Park ;)

My That's A Big Drink!

Postby rollermonkey » Tue May 09, 2006 2:32 am

martinb wrote:If it was an Aqua Trax it will be a disaster, mainly because they've kept it a huge secret and to suddenly come out with "our new coaster will be an Aqua Track coaster", everyone that has been getting all excited over it will just say.......meh? Its an average coaster that is made better by themeing. If they didn't keep it a secret then it wouldn't be as bad.

And there lies the problem with Cedar Point's habit of always having to have the biggest, most, fastest, etc.
When they want to do a project that might not be in the adrenaline-junkies best interest, you get the possibility of people bashing what may turn out to be a really nice ride that your Aunt won't swoon just from the sight of!

People are already TO'd that they aren't getting a 30 million dollar duelling B&M flyer! That's rediculous.

Full Fledged Bi Enthusiast

Postby okinawaboy11 » Tue May 09, 2006 3:29 am

Anyone think it could just be a inverting Rocket Coaster? Like Storm runner?

The GP wouldn't know the difference because the train would be different. From Non-Inverting rockets.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby martinb » Tue May 09, 2006 4:21 am

It could be anything, like I said above, look what happened to that Intamin track that was at Thorpe Park.

I think someone should just ring up Mr Intamin & get some answers ;)

-Martyn

PreviousNext