Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: coasterbill, Haymaker, lilazndude89 and 20 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:16 pm

I admit guilt on changing the subject...we need more SV photos!!

I must have looked at Steve's photos 20 times already....that drop looks like it'll give El Toro a good run for its money. Wow. :lover:

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby steamedturtle » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:29 pm

SV looks so stupid good. I literally won't tire of looking at pictures of it either! It looks so good in those pictures, and it's such a dreary (albeit normal for this time of year) looking day. I love the sections that have 3 track sections side by side. Those positive camber air time hills too - ugggghhhhhhhh. Is it May yet?!?!??!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:09 am

prozach626 wrote:^I thought the same thing. It looks really neat in a sinister kind of way.

PKI Jizzman wrote:The only ride I've encountered with that sign/rule was Son of Beast

Seriously? I didn't even know that was a real thing. Luckily, if people get too dizzy on Steel Vengeance they will have to wait in an hour line before they ride it again. (on slow days)

When Paramount had the "Two Times Tuesday" rides for Gold Passers Son of Beast had it for a minute, but then it was taken away.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:10 am

Looks like I am actually getting a Platinum pass this year. Kings Island is my home park but we will have at least 4 days at Cedar Point this summer and one day at Carowinds. I am going to give my ticket + Fast Lane plus tickets to my boss to use.

Anyway cannot wait to get back.

Chick Fil A in parks is still dumb to me but whatever it must be working out.

Edit: I remember the two ride Tuesday deal as well. If i remember right it only worked for the middle of the train on the rides it was for and was only maybe 4-8 rows

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:16 am

Shout out to SbSteveZ for those excellent photos. :lover:

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby coneyislandchris » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:05 am

Ape wrote:Chick Fil A in parks is still dumb to me but whatever it must be working out.

Yeah, I honestly couldn't care less about it being there. It's one of those places I'd personally flat out never eat at for a number of reasons. Now, on the other hand... who do I talk to about getting some Shake Shack franchising opportunities at parks like CP? =)

At this point I'm not sure when I'm going to get back to Cedar Point. I was hoping to make the journey westward towards the end of May, but my son doesn't want to go back until he hits that 52" mark so he can finally get on Maverick, TTD, Valravn, Gatekeeper, and Wicked Twister. (Can't blame him for that, it's gotta be torture seeing these and knowing you won't be able to get on them.) At the current moment he's about 1.5 to 2 inches shy. So unless he hits a mega growth spurt sometime over the next two months, we may not make it out there until the late summer/early fall season. Thankfully, I don't think Steel Vengeance is going anywhere. ;)
That coaster dad [336] and that coaster kiddo [216]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

Postby prozach626 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:25 am

^Protein supplements, growth hormones, steroids, and thick soled shoes!

https://www.shoes.com/dr-martens-3989-5-eye-brogue-bex-sole/9212/9212?cm_mmc=googleproductads_pla-_-none-_-none-_-none

Ape wrote:Looks like I am actually getting a Platinum pass this year. Kings Island is my home park but we will have at least 4 days at Cedar Point this summer and one day at Carowinds.

Sounds like you're going to have a hell of a summer.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby KIJester » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:06 am

^For reasons I cannot pinpoint, that #7 pic reminds me of Lightning Rod's lift sans the terrain it sits on.
I know it's obvious, but would a launch have made this thing even more AWESOME? Or would that be overkill due to the existing ejector air and lengthy layout?

Postby prozach626 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:15 am

I think Cedar Point would rather have the reliability of a traditional chain lift roller coaster on a record breaking attraction. I think Steel Vengeance will be cutting edge enough. Not only that, but as silly as it may sound if they pull out all of the stops on this ride, where do they go from there? I could be completely wrong about that.

Unless I'm missing something, it almost seems like STR was the straw that broke the camel's back for Cedar Fair taking the risk on less reliable attractions. I see a pattern throughout Cedar Fair parks involving more reliable and proven rides with heavy investments toward B&M and GCI. I think RMC had proven themselves before they went all in with the transition from Mean Streak to Steel Vengeance.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:15 pm

prozach626 wrote: Not only that, but as silly as it may sound if they pull out all of the stops on this ride, where do they go from there? I could be completely wrong about that.

Well, they pulled out all the stops for Top Thrill Dragster, and then there was Maverick. Innovation is often surprising.

PreviousNext