Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:42 am

I can't figure out what's more discouraging... Finding out the campout weekend will be crowded and ERT is going to suck, or finding out we're getting taken for 5k on our taxes.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:02 pm

I haven't done ERT at Cedar Point but at events I have been to its been the evening ERT that have been the best. like on Banshee Bash having Beast to ourselves around midnight when everyone was worn out. We were so tired from walking we just stayed on for 13 rides in a row I believe.

Postby bert425 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:03 pm

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:
bert425 wrote:
RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:
bert425 wrote:so that's the only thing we bothered with during ERT.. seriously, the lines for Maverick were longer than they had been all day.

I may be getting Coastermania ERT mixed up with passholder ERT because both times we marathoned Maverick, but I don't remember the lines being long. I'm definitely sure I drank quite a bit of beer at Coastermania and didn't eat very much (don't eat BBQ), so I was feeling a bit uncomfortable after 6 or 7 rides on Mav. during ERT.

Since we're not talking about Coastermania specifically, I can attest that at several passholder ERT sessions, we got plenty of rides in. It wasn't to the point where you could just sit and stay on the ride, but the longer ERT went on, the thinner it got. The last 15-20 min you pretty much don't have to wait at all (in general people are p*ssies and don't have stamina like we do ;) )

we rode Maverick before the Coastermania! evening ERT started. . while CM folks were lining up in the ERT line (outside the Fastlane entrance) while inside the queue, it was only 15 minutes or so. (that, I think, was the only time we actually got in line and rode it without having to wait for a breakdown to be fixed. . LOL. .. but we got a lot of rides on it over that weekend).

we must have seen each other at the park.. it's a shame we didn't get to say "hi"

I know! I feel like I didn't "mingle" very much at Coastermania last year. Maybe this year. Are you guys going again?

unfortunately, no.

I will be back to CP this year, but not until several weeks after Coastermania! :)

have a great time if you get to go tho. . I loved getting to meet fellow TPR members (hi TBPony, Password, and several others), and hope you get to this time. . . . maybe I will bump into you at some point in travels!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby prozach626 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:27 pm

Ape wrote:I haven't done ERT at Cedar Point but at events I have been to its been the evening ERT that have been the best. like on Banshee Bash having Beast to ourselves around midnight when everyone was worn out. We were so tired from walking we just stayed on for 13 rides in a row I believe.

So, basically just 'keep your foot in it' and the ERT crowds will dissipate near the end?

Postby Ape » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:40 pm

You just have to be willing to out last everyone else, and given how you like to exercise that should be no problem.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mossed » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:35 pm

prozach626 wrote:
Ape wrote:I haven't done ERT at Cedar Point but at events I have been to its been the evening ERT that have been the best. like on Banshee Bash having Beast to ourselves around midnight when everyone was worn out. We were so tired from walking we just stayed on for 13 rides in a row I believe.

So, basically just 'keep your foot in it' and the ERT crowds will dissipate near the end?

I don't think crowds are all that terrible during the ERT events anymore, not since it stopped being a free event. So I'd expect plenty of rides on Maverick and Steel Vengeance.
Top 10 - 1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Intimidator 305 3.) Maverick. 4.) Lightning Rod 5.) Fury325 6.) Phoenix 7.) Twisted Colossus 8.) Taron 9.) Millennium Force 10.) Expedition GeForce

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Keetz » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:02 pm

FYI Fastlane Prices have been posted today.

FL+ ranges from $85 - $155.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/tickets-passes/fast-lane
| Lightning Rod | Skyrush | El Toro | Intimidator 305 | Maverick |

Postby Ape » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:09 pm

I am glad I jumped on that ticket plus fastlane plus deal for $90 lol

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby JJLehto » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:58 pm

I missed meeting anyone last year because my hotel was 40 minutes away, I ended up rolling in the gate literally a minute as it was opening and I ran on in. But I do always like meeting people, hopefully this year will be different.

So whats all this about ERT worries? Is there any validity or are people being usual internet cantankerous types?
Last year I didnt get fast pass, still did everything I wanted like 2-3 times, and I even took a 4 hour break from the park.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Maverick, Lightning Run, Superman (SFNE), Kumba
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast
2018 Parks: (new) Busch Gardens Tampa, Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World, Cedar Point, Kennywood, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby KIJester » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:15 pm

Ape wrote:I am glad I jumped on that ticket plus fastlane plus deal for $90 lol

^I did the very same and just realized it can't be used on a Saturday. No prob, will just go to KI on Sat and CP on Sunday during my Ohio trip.

PreviousNext