Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: grsupercity, pǝʇɹǝʌuı, Taylor Finn and 36 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Mon May 08, 2006 6:09 pm

I've got a question for those of you more familiar with the park, and more specifically the ride they removed. I'm curious, are they keeping the entire queue building and/or line intact? And if so, is this because they plan for the new ride to follow the same load/unload path the old ride used?
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Enka rocks

Postby apollo210 » Mon May 08, 2006 6:35 pm

I know that the ride they removed was White Water Landing, a log flume. We all know by now that it will be a coaster so it will not have the same loading platform and it will not have the same queue building.
-Stephen
Coaster Count= 28

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Mon May 08, 2006 6:40 pm

WWL's station is indeed intact.

I'm sure they'll use it, though possibly with modifications.

If we explore the aqua trax rumour those 8 person trains could fit that roundabout in the station with some modifications made.

But this whole aqua trax thing is really annoying me because I don't understand it. Everyone keeps saying "to be good the aqua trax has to be well themed". Doesn't that just make it a normal roller coaster with good theming?

By that logic wouldn't mine ride be an aqua trax?

As far as I can tell aqua trax just refers to the train itself, not the ride. So I'd think of aqua trax along the same lines as the hyper-coaster trains.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Location: Parkersburg,West Virginia(4 hours from Cedar Point)

Postby Robbie » Mon May 08, 2006 7:31 pm

http://www.pointxtreme.com/openingweeke ... %20001.jpg

So were getting a red intamin soon :br

Postby Carnage » Mon May 08, 2006 7:38 pm

^ Didn't we know that like 10 pages ago?? ;)

My That's A Big Drink!

Postby rollermonkey » Mon May 08, 2006 7:55 pm

OK. The Lotte World Aqua Trax has about three trains on the track at a time. They could still make it a dueling version, which would solve a lot of the capacity issue. They took out a water ride, so to replace it with a quasi-water ride and get a coaster (or two) in the deal doesn't sound that bad an idea to me.
:P

If it's the Ball coaster, I don't even want to think of the complications of that. I have only seen single car trains for that, and there's another 8-passenger train and the same capacity issue on top of prototype bugs.
:roll:

The truth is none of us will know until CP wants us to know.
:butt:

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Milkchan » Mon May 08, 2006 7:57 pm

Aren't there enough red coasters at cedar point TTD, Mantis, and Iron dragon.

Postby Carnage » Mon May 08, 2006 7:59 pm

^^ I still think it's very weird to call that ride even a quasi-water ride.

Skimming over a lake does not make it a water ride.

I feel like I'm going crazy. :lmao:

It's like calling Shiekra a water coaster.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Kumba9 » Mon May 08, 2006 8:02 pm

The reason why many are speculating the "aqua-trax" coaster design is because of several "CLUES" that have been posted.

1-Look at many of the pics being posted (namely CP's pictures regarding the construction zone. Also, take note of the one sign in particular 'We are going in a different direction').

2-Look at the location. A former site of a water-ride/attraction. It would make economic sense to install a new water-coaster within the same confines of an existing area to save on infrastructure costs. Also, the station, pump units, splash-down area, and other components can be upgraded rather than completely building NEW infrastructure (the money save could already be implemented towards the ride theme-package).

3-B&M footers are different. Take note of many of the B&M footers (and compare them towards the Intamin footers, then look at the following pics posted on this forum).

4-The evidence (from the track under that tarp) surely is NOT a B&M. Unless the Swiss guys had too much to drink and chose a new track design overnite..lol

I know all of us here are speculating, but that's what makes this site (and as coaster enthusiasts) FUN!.

**It would be pretty cool if Intamin incorporated the "Ball Coaster-within the parameters of an 'aqua-trax' coaster all in one combination..lol

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Postby CP_RULES » Mon May 08, 2006 8:03 pm

Milkchan wrote:Aren't there enough red coasters at cedar point TTD, Mantis, and Iron dragon.

Thats kind of what I was thinking, Magnum XL 200 is reddish too. Then when I really thought about it, red is sexy! Haha, my contacts are bugging me. :omg:

Justin "Im the random king" Seabaugh
-Justin Seabaugh -Official Brake Fanboy
M-I-Z-Z-O-U ENGINEERING Go Tigers!

PreviousNext