Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: HavenHamilton and 24 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Sun May 07, 2006 7:24 pm

Ok, so here's what we have so far. These are the facts.

1) There's Intamin track on site (already!) It's clearly Intamin... I know there are other companies that have SIMILAR looking track but you can tell by the patterns and the rails it's Intamin.

2) Footers don't really mattter... Any new prototype could have a change in what shape of footer they use. I mean, at any given time even an older coaster style could use a different shaped footer for any given reason (terrain/soil type/over water, etc.)

3) A few pages back Elissa was surprised that a lot of people don't know CP is getting an Intamin prototype for 2007. Something along the lines of "What? We're not supposed to know it's an Intamin prototype?" I don't think it's a joke, so let's go with that.

4) What is on site at CP is not 'ball coaster' track. Ball coaster uses taller track with sharp vertical 'turns' (the drops) It's more like a Screaming Squirrel than an "X". The track at CP ha s a wide radius and is traditional style track at least ruling out the ball coaster.

5) An aqua trax is not a prototype ride as there is already one in Korea.

I know a lot of people have said it so far... but my best guess is the Intamin Wing Walker-since several strongly believe it's an Intamin prototype and the ball coaster is ruled out. (the only other prototype, at least that we know about)

The only thing we know about wing walkers is the style of trains (as seen in the patent illustration in this thread) and that they use linear induction motors to launch. Anything's possible with the layout... and looking at the footers on the water is definately a good sight. I would say lean with the Wing Walker concept and its safe to say IT'S NOT A B&M!!
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

Full Fledged Bi Enthusiast

Postby okinawaboy11 » Sun May 07, 2006 8:12 pm

Oh, I know its a Intamin. I was just stating that B&M doesn't stick to square footers.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Milkchan » Sun May 07, 2006 8:18 pm

I see it maybe an aquatrax, but I doubt that because it seems like that this kind of coaster HAS TO HAVE THEMEING in order to make it enjoyable, without the themeing it may seem kind of dull.
I remember reading an interview with a major cp executive and he said that they would not do heavy themeing like they did on Disaster Transporter, he said it cost to much money.
Also the way the footers are shaped over the pond show that there is a shape for interlocking corkscrews.

My That's A Big Drink!

Postby rollermonkey » Sun May 07, 2006 8:34 pm

I just had a little bird whisper in my ear.

I was given two clues.

The first clue didn't tell me much.

The other clue given to me made it obvious to me what this will likely be.

Let me just say, I am looking forward to experiencing this ride when it opens, as I've come close, but not had the opportunity to ride one before.

If you know a LOT about my coastercount and park trips, this could be enough to give it away to somenone, but I think that no one in this forum has all the pieces of this puzzle.

:evil: HA HA HA! :evil:

I just asked the little bird if I can share the clues to me with you. I'm waiting for a reply.

Full Fledged Bi Enthusiast

Postby okinawaboy11 » Sun May 07, 2006 8:42 pm

*Sits and hopes little bird OPENS ITS BEAK!*

:-D

My That's A Big Drink!

Postby rollermonkey » Sun May 07, 2006 8:51 pm

The hints given to me by the little bird:

It is very rare, in fact there is only one.

That one is closer to you than it is to me.

(The bird lives near Milwaukee.)

I trust this bird's data frequently, and he's never steered me wrong. He did state that this was based more on known facts than insider knowledge.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Sun May 07, 2006 8:54 pm

Well considering you live in Japan that would almost make it official that it's an aqua trax like in Korea? ;)

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby CedarPoint420 » Sun May 07, 2006 9:01 pm

Assuming i'm looking at the right coastercounter list, rollermonkey has not ridden the aquatrax.Hence his second clue. I think :?r

My That's A Big Drink!

Postby rollermonkey » Sun May 07, 2006 10:25 pm

Great job Carnage and CedarPoint420!

I've been to Lotte World twice, and both times the ride was closed. The first time, it tested continuously the entire time I was there. (Check out my pictures at RCDB and you'll see ampty cars running around!) The second time, it was down for a week of 'scheduled maintanence.'

A friend of mine got on it and said it was very fun, but described the weirdest line procedure I've ever heard:

Tickets are issued at three times during the day. Wait in line for one of a limited number of tickets. Come back during the window of time shown on your ticket. Wait in line to ride. Ride.

It sounds like FastPass, but without a standby line!

That's why I've been close to riding, but without the opportunity to actually ride.

It also fits the Intamin curse: Lots of apparent downtime and a death! (Earlier this year, drunken employee ejected while riding after work.)

Carnage, I'll buy you a cookie on the UK trip.
CedarPoint420, where would you like your cookie mailed to?
;)

Idiot.

Postby Jeezus Juice » Sun May 07, 2006 11:13 pm

Yeah, I'm kinda laening toward the Aquatrax anyway, although I was hoping for a wing walker.

Now, about AA at Lotte World...does it ever actually float or have a splashdown? From what I've seen of it it looks like simulated water drops and all coaster track.

Also, what exactly is the Intamin water coaster at Gardaland? It had the Intamin T-bar restraints, Intamin tri-track, and an Intamin cable lift system but it also floats for much of it's course. It certainly felt like a water coaster to me. Yet rcdb does not list it. Does anyone have any real info on it?

Hopefully it's good, but honestly without themeing I can see the ride being fairly dull. Kinda like Journey to Atlantis west vrs east.

At least it's not a KumbaK!

-Don

PreviousNext