Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: coasternut79, hyyyper, Johnlloyd and 54 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Woodie Warrior » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:01 pm

Paradox wrote:Leaked @CedarPoint memo describes 2016 Dive Machine as 223 ft. tall, 80 mph, 2 drops, 4 inversions. http://t.co/Qa2Snyb5kU

Gee. Thanks for the news flash.

(P.S. I wouldn't recommend linking to that site)
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:03 pm

I could see a B&M Dive coaster fitting in nicely at Cedar Point. It will be interesting to see if this actually turns out to be true.
Bigger is not always better.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:31 pm

cfc wrote:Dive Coasters are one of the best rides B&M ever developed.

I couldn't agree more. It really does make you wonder if a Busch Gardens/B&M contract actually existed because the Dive Coasters are in my opinion their best and most innovative design... with not much of a price tag compared to other B&M's. I'm not much of a B&M guy, but I do love Griffon and Sheikra as they're my favorite B&M's and in my top 10 coasters.

If there is any doubt that CP doesn't have the best coaster line-up in the country, a Dive Machine would push them over the edge in my opinion.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby bluestreak » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:40 pm

Can this memo be found anywhere online? But I absolutely love the idea! Anyone remember when Fury 325 was possibly going to be named Centurion? I think that could be a possible name for this coaster since they already have the Trademark.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DonGeorge » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:44 pm

bluestreak wrote:Can this memo be found anywhere online? But I absolutely love the idea! Anyone remember when Fury 325 was possibly going to be named Centurion? I think that could be a possible name for this coaster since they already have the Trademark.

I remember those days. That was back when people were discussing if Twisted Colossus would be a möbius coaster. :Pr
Coaster Count: 10 wood - 46 steel

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby A113 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:21 pm

I got to ride SheiKra back in October and I couldn't agree with Chuck more. The ride took me by surprise and it was loads of fun, so I couldn't be more excited for the idea of a large scale dive machine for CP.

Though keeping B&M's ride catalog in mind, I'll probably be skeptical of it actually having a creative or cool layout. Even if it isn't, I'm sure it'll be a winner. Definitely looking forward to this hopefully happening.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:51 pm

Pros of dive machines:
-Vertical drops give a good hanging sensation in the front, as well as good pops of air in the back.
-Very visually pleasing and fun to watch, especially if splashdown elements are added
-It is different from everything else at Cedar Point

Cons:
-Aside from their signature vertical drops, none of them really have impressive or rememberable layouts.
-Large track budgets would make it difficult even for a park like Cedar Point to afford a full length dive machine.

Assuming this happens, I think that it will be more well-received than Gatekeeper. While dive machines are not my favorite coaster type in the world, one of these would seem like a good fit for Cedar Point, as they have nothing else exactly like this. It will not likely become my favorite attraction at the park, as I will probably continue to stick to Maverick.

On another note, does anyone else like the back row on dive machines better than the front? While I may not be as affected by the holding brake as others, what I find to be more terrifying is getting that pop of air in the back row as it slopes down to vertical while being 200 feet up.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby coastercoaster5 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 pm

^I have only been on Sheikra, but I preferred the back row to the front because of the airtime on the drops. It was awesome being pulled over in the back.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BlahBlahson » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 pm

A new 2016 Coaster at Cedar Point would be amazing (they still need a themed attraction though IMO), and in with everyone else in this thread, I fully support a Dive coaster. They are really unique rides, they give off the sense of "Bigger and Badder" more than other rides.

Millenium
Maverick
TTD
Raptor
Magnum
World's Biggest Dive Coaster

Who can compete with that? Six Coasters that would place in the MItch Hawker top 100, with two more B&Ms, an Intamin, and 8 more coasters not included.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:29 am

Could they be using the chassis of the old style 10 seater trains and put those new seats on? The new seats are wider than the old ones.

I guess the trains will look pretty much like this:
image.jpg

PreviousNext