Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 28 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:24 pm

This would work for me. Dive Coasters are one of the best rides B&M ever developed.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby necoastergp » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:56 pm

I'd certainly be a fan of this, I love both sheikra and griffon two of my favorite coasters just plain fun and those drops are awesome. The view of the lake and marina would be great.
Last edited by necoastergp on Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:14 pm.
Coasters: 106 (Steel:90 Wood:16) Parks:19

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:07 pm

I am intrigued to hear this new rumor regarding a Dive Coaster that may round out an already amazing lineup of coasters.

The price tag seems a little small to match the lofty details (rumors at this point...) being described so far. With that being said, I believe with three B&M projects in three years, and the fact that one of their newest concepts graces their new front gate, perhaps a heavy discount is being applied?

I have been avidly watching Oblivion 2.0 and Baron rising in Europe and was very happy to see not only that divers are making a comeback in the Western Hemisphere, but also that a zero g roll has appeared on Oblivion: Black Hole. Griffon is one of my all time favorites, but I always wondered if other elements were possible with the wider trains.

With Gatekeeper, Banshee, Leviathan, Behemoth, Rougarou, and Fury 325 being a big part of Cedar Fairs recent and potential success, I am pleased to see my favorite coaster manufacturer hand in hand with my favorite amusement park (and chain for that matter) I hope this project is real as I can't think of a more appropriate addition to Cedar Point.

Keep it up Cedar Fair! We love ya!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DonGeorge » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:19 pm

I bet a very neat entry path for those entering from the west would be constructed. That could also be a faster route for Millennium Force morning runners. :Pr
Coaster Count: 10 wood - 46 steel

I go to furry parties, I'm probably a brony too...

Postby tarheel1231 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:39 pm

This ride would look quite beautiful next to Raptor. There's just something about the two that make them look so photogenic to each other.
I'm done.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby IntaminLove » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:43 pm

I'm not much of a B&M fan so the possibility of a dive machine doesn't excite me. I would much rather see an RMC Mean Streak transformation or an Intamin wooden coaster. Whatever the new coaster ends up being I will ride it every visit whether I'm a fan of it or not.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CpBluestreakCp » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:09 pm

This excites me as I did enjoy Griffon quite a lot. Ready to see how this plays out, we still have at least a half a year until we find out if this is true or not. That's a long time for more speculation.
Top coasters: Maverick, Storm Runner, Skyrush, Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Titan, Phoenix, NTAG, Apollo, Blue Streak.
*Disclaimer: Ignore my Cedar Point fanboy name that I made when I was 11. It doesn't define me as a poster!*
Follow my Twitter and Instagram

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:24 pm

Love the idea of a new coaster at CP, but I would like to see the company focus on some of their other parks over the next few years!!
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby BintamiM » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:29 pm

I absolutely love B&M Dive machines. Despite their short ride time they are a lot of fun to me and scare me a little bit the climb up and then the drop. I hope we can get some new elements into this ride. But after gate keeper I am not holding my breath or something too different

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Paradox » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:48 pm

Leaked @CedarPoint memo describes 2016 Dive Machine as 223 ft. tall, 80 mph, 2 drops, 4 inversions. http://t.co/Qa2Snyb5kU
Is this a trick question?

PreviousNext