Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: BDD27, hyyyper, Jaykethekid, Pedrinho and 50 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterchitchat » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:54 pm

thepoint4life23 wrote:2nd the layout they are talking about would have to be way more then 15 million.

B&M could give Cedar Fair a discount for ordering so many coasters from them recently.

EDIT: They're using 8-across trains. The track style wouldn't be that different from what they stick with. If they went with 10-across trains like Griffon and Dive Coaster at Chimelong Paradise, it will be more expensive.
Last edited by coasterchitchat on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:16 pm.
Vekoma is English means, "We don't have the budget for a B&M so let's just order a Vekoma."

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:09 pm

^These trains would be the same size as SheiKra's.

I would absolutely love to see a dive machine added to CP's lineup. That's what I hoped we were getting in 2013. Dive machine's are pure fun, with a drop (or two) that pleases every time.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby coasterchitchat » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:14 pm

DBru wrote:^These trains would be the same size as SheiKra's.

I would absolutely love to see a dive machine added to CP's lineup. That's what I hoped we were getting in 2013. Dive machine's are pure fun, with a drop (or two) that pleases every time.

Whoops.

Wasn't the earliest rumor for a 2013 coaster a floorless or a dive coaster? Looks like those two both eventually got into the park's lineup (hopefully). They're really fun gimmick coasters.
Vekoma is English means, "We don't have the budget for a B&M so let's just order a Vekoma."

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby coastermaniac » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:38 pm

With the addition of "New Mantis" as I call it, I don't think it's a good idea for the park to put in a Dive Machine because they are similar. I'm not saying floorless coasters and Dive Machines are exactly the same but they have similar features. To me, it'd be pointless to put in a Dive Machine along with Rougarou.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby willthegolfer » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:47 pm

So way back when last off season I think, during an off season tour or something I remeber something along the lines of a park official dropping a clue for the parks future that "coasters are in our D.N.A" or something like that. So could Dive be the first letter of this clue?
Top Five Coasters- 5. Cheetah Hunt 4. Viper (SfGam) 3. Kumba 2. Montu 1. Goliath (SfGam)
Check out my RCT2 park, Six Flags North Woods!LINK
Wishlist - Every RMC, El Toro, Skyrush, I305, Fury 325, Maverick

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby PhantomNick » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:27 pm

coastermaniac wrote:With the addition of "New Mantis" as I call it, I don't think it's a good idea for the park to put in a Dive Machine because they are similar. I'm not saying floorless coasters and Dive Machines are exactly the same but they have similar features. To me, it'd be pointless to put in a Dive Machine along with Rougarou.

Did I miss the memo where Rougarou will have 90-degree drops from a holding brake?? ;) My only point is that I think they're plenty different enough from one another to not be a pointless addition. And as others have mentioned, the GP will love it.....and heck, so will I if one is added! The only dive machine I've been on is Griffon, and I absolutely loved it!! Was it an "automatic Top-10 coaster"? Nope, but it was one that I found to be a blast to ride each and every time!
I would rather be off riding coasters!

Steel Top 5 - (1) Steel Vengeance (2) Skyrush (3) Fury 325 (4) Millennium Force (5-tie) Phantom's Revenge (5-tie) Maverick
Wood Top 5 - (1) El Toro (2) Phoenix (3) Voyage (4) Ravine Flyer II (5) Shivering Timbers

X is the best. Tatsu sucks.

Postby smartestcoasterkidever! » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:13 pm

willthegolfer wrote:So way back when last off season I think, during an off season tour or something I remeber something along the lines of a park official dropping a clue for the parks future that "coasters are in our D.N.A" or something like that. So could Dive be the first letter of this clue?

Please don't start this again. PLEASE. That's overthinking it WAY too much.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Nwstone » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:56 pm

I would be very happy with a dive coaster coming to CP, an RMC or flyer may be better but I don't know about a GCI, I think i would take the dive coaster any day.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:20 pm

For the people saying that Rougarou will be too similar to a dive machine because they're both floorless remember we are dealing with the same company who spent 50 million at Canada's Wonderland and 50 million at Carowinds building 2 of the same rides. A dive machine would be much different from Rougarou compared to the hyper/giga additions at Wonderland and Carowinds.

I think it's a good fit for CP. 2016 should also be the year for KD's next big one too.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:11 pm

PhantomNick wrote:Did I miss the memo where Rougarou will have 90-degree drops from a holding brake?? ;)

Absolutely. The major thrill element here is being held at the top and staring straight down which would set it apart from every other coaster in the park and will be a major attraction for riders and spectators. Enthusiasts think nothing of this but most people think it's awesome and / or terrifying. If this is true then I think it's a great addition.

PreviousNext