Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: tndank and 34 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby jonskinny12 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:05 pm

coasterbill wrote:Cedar Point had the first 200 foot drop, 300 foot drop and 400 foot drop... just saying.

I think about this every time a poler coaster idea is talked about, and I really want it to happen at Cedar Point just because of this fact.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:17 pm

jonskinny12 wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Cedar Point had the first 200 foot drop, 300 foot drop and 400 foot drop... just saying.

I think about this every time a poler coaster idea is talked about, and I really want it to happen at Cedar Point just because of this fact.

Polarcoasters don't have any 500 feet drops. They might go to a huge height, but I doubt any of the drops are more than 200 feet.

And thinking about it more, I don't believe a dive coaster is gonna be the final choice. I mean, the GP will probably just see it as a taller version of Gatekeeper with the seats that go on the sides of the tracks. However, Cedar Point could always surprise us, and other than a Flying coaster, they pretty much have versions of every other B&M (except for the Dive Coaster, of course)
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:27 pm

I think if a park can have a B&M hyper and a B&M giga and be successful, there won't be any problems with CP adding a dive machine. Don't over think it.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby woolandmammoth » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:07 pm

Lets just turn Raptor backwards and call it a day. :p

A B&M dive coaster would be cool, but Cedar Point really doesnt need one. At $15 million, I doubt Cedar Point would be getting anything spectacular. An Intamin woodie would be more ideal but less realistic. However, speaking of realistic, Carowinds is building a 325ft B&M giga and Lagoon is building the worlds tallest coaster with an inversion entirely in house, so...

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:42 pm

Wait...so let me get this straight. Cedar Point is removing 3-4 family rides and a theatre just to possibly replace it with a B&M Dive Machine? Sounds very "Six Flags"-y. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby dippindotsguy8 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:46 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Wait...so let me get this straight. Cedar Point is removing 3-4 family rides and a theatre just to possibly replace it with a B&M Dive Machine? Sounds very "Six Flags"-y. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Nothing about the nearby family attractions was in the article. It was just something some butthurt commenter brought up (not that the article is any more credible than the comments section anyways).

Could it happen? I guess. But really... 15 mil for a dive machine? A dive machine that Cedar Point would be building? I'm calling BS.

Aside from that, I agree that a flyer would add more to the park's lineup than this. Again, it certainly could happen, and I'm not one to rule out a coaster because of what a park already has (Carowinds, Canada's Wonderland, countless other examples) However, I will be surprised if they go with a dive machine before a flyer.

Postby Superbatboy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:24 pm

Maybe $15 mil for the dive machine and then an additional $10 mil for the iron horse of Mean Streak? #pipedreams
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mossed » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:48 pm

There's not a better coaster choice than a Dive Machine. I've been hoping that's the route Cedar Point goes with the next coaster.

15 Million seems a little light in the pocket for a coaster from Cedar Point, but it is still enough to make a great addition the coaster lineup.
Top 10 - 1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Intimidator 305 3.) Maverick. 4.) Lightning Rod 5.) Fury325 6.) Phoenix 7.) Twisted Colossus 8.) Taron 9.) Millennium Force 10.) Expedition GeForce

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Coastin Eric » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:06 am

What if we see a revamped Marina entrance with this, making it much more appealing, and then the dive coaster's drop going right under the walkway. Would continue with Cedar Fair's fetish with awesome entrances, and make great views for the dive coaster. Thoughts?
png.jpg

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Manic Monte » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:11 am

I agree. A Dive coaster seems like the next logical coaster step for Cedar Point. Those rides have excellent capacity and are tremendous crowd pleasers. If not a dark ride, I like this potential choice.

PreviousNext