Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby rcdude » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:22 pm

While a Dive Coaster would be an odd choice for Cedar Point, it would probably be quite popular with the general public. It's different from any other coaster at the park and there isn't anything like it in the Midwest. My only experience with one was Griffon, but I thought that ride was excellent (it's in my top 25 steel). If the car rides were removed as well, you could probably fit a Sheikra clone in that space, which would be a good size for the coaster, but given the stated price I'm guessing it would need to be a bit smaller than that (though probably not as small as Krake).

I'm now curious as to which Cedar Fair parks will get the coasters next year. I've been thinking that Canada's Wonderland would get the big coaster and one of the second tier Cedar Fair parks would get a smaller coaster, but if Cedar Point gets a Dive Coaster it seems unlikely Canada's Wonderland would get a big coaster as well (although it has happened before). In any case, neither of those parks really seem like they need a new coaster at this time (Kings Dominion, Worlds of Fun, and to a lesser extent Dorney Park seem like they could benefit most from one).
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Nitro, Apollo's Chariot, Maverick, Banshee
Top 5 Wood: Boulder Dash, El Toro, Thunderhead, Gold Striker, Lightning Racer
Top 3 Parks: Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Cedar Point
TPR Trips: IntimidaTour 2010, North East Trip 2011, LeviaTHON 2012, Mini Tours 2014 (New Hotness & East Coast)

Postby Ccron10 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:25 pm

GwaziBSRider1 wrote:I'm a fan of dive machines, so I wouldn't complain about getting one. BUT it is one of many proposals. I'd take this with a grain of salt for now.

Exactly. What this says is that they still don't know what they plan on building for 2016, but a dive machine is one of the options. But depending on how far they are with the proposals, it could give us an idea on what they are looking for in a new ride. Right now it sounds like they are going to numerous companies and seeing what they can come up with.

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:26 pm

rcdude wrote:While a Dive Coaster would be an odd choice for Cedar Point, it would probably be quite popular with the general public. It's different from any other coaster at the park and there isn't anything like it in the Midwest.

It's an odd choice, yet you just listed 3 reasons why it's a good choice?

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:28 pm

I believe the theater is right next to that car ride, so those are probably getting the boot if it is true. I enjoyed Griffin at Busch Gardens so any coaster addition is a good one.

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:31 pm

BoulderDash wrote:I believe the theater is right next to that car ride, so those are probably getting the boot if it is true. I enjoyed Griffin at Busch Gardens so any coaster addition is a good one.

Wrong side.
CP_14_FINAL_sm(1).jpg

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby MIAfan88 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:36 pm

And we wonder why Cedar Point is all ways one of the top attended parks. Cedar Fair adds something big almost every year. Ownership is basically forcing it to be the biggest every year. I wish it would replace Mean Streak instead of some flat rides.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:38 pm

chadster wrote:
BoulderDash wrote:I believe the theater is right next to that car ride, so those are probably getting the boot if it is true. I enjoyed Griffin at Busch Gardens so any coaster addition is a good one.

Wrong side.

This was in the article also........Make sure you get your last rides in on the last few family rides remaining before they're removed after this year. Turnpike cars, Cadillac Cars, dodgem, and calypso will be removed to make room for this new ride!
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

Postby Password121 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:42 pm

Losing one of those old Arrow Antique Car rides isn't a huge deal, IMO. Many parks have them, but Cedar Point has three. Fortunately, Cedar Point isn't barren when it comes to flat rides, both family/thrill. A major new flat ride would be nice, and I would prefer something to happen with Mean Streak's plot, but this isn't the worst idea out there. A dark ride might be better suited at this time, as well as a new wooden coaster, but removing the theater (announced) and one of the old car rides (speculation) isn't a bad move, IMO.
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:44 pm

eddie200330 wrote:
chadster wrote:

Wrong side.

This was in the article also........Make sure you get your last rides in on the last few family rides remaining before they're removed after this year. Turnpike cars, Cadillac Cars, dodgem, and calypso will be removed to make room for this new ride!

:lol:

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby MIAfan88 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:46 pm

If Mean Streak ever is demolished, what is the likely hood of the park expanding the water park to some of the land?

PreviousNext