Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:36 am

Invertalon wrote:This coming Sunday. Since the park is closed both Friday and Saturday, there won't be too many weekend-resort guests visiting. Also, the weekend before HalloWeekends has always been an amazing weekend to go.

In the past, this Friday has been open. In fact, CP decided to eliminate this coming Friday from the calendar just a few weeks ago (pretty lame to change it weeks out) but historically has been the best riding day of the year IMO. We go each and every year and its usually DEAD. Two years ago they let you cut from unload to load on Dragster just to get weight in the trains and there was not enough people to get the train full. Everything was walk-on.

Thanks for replying. I'm moving to Columbus Sept 27th, so I probably wouldn't go to CP until October, I should have mentioned that. I'm assuming the Sundays in October will be alright. I might just say screw it and get a Fastlane and go all Saturday. We'll see!
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CpBluestreakCp » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:52 am

I have a feeling it's gonna be something LeBron related and a new ride. Only a little over an hour left!
Top coasters: Maverick, Storm Runner, Skyrush, Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Titan, Phoenix, NTAG, Apollo, Blue Streak.
*Disclaimer: Ignore my Cedar Point fanboy name that I made when I was 11. It doesn't define me as a poster!*
Follow my Twitter and Instagram

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Sharman19 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:02 am

[quote="coasterbill"]Maverick
This may be the most intense coaster I've ever ridden. It beats i305 at it's own game of super intense, crazy directional changes and even though we rode it more times than I could count during ERT the elements kept taking me by surprise as it's extremely disorienting. This is one of the best coasters I've ever ridden... the world needs more of these insane Intamin rides. Everything about it is amazing.[quote="coasterbill"]
In my opinion, Maverick is THE most intense coaster I've been on! It does beat you up like a TOGO, but it is fast, and furious. Don't forget that airtime hill! :airtime: I'm being totally honest, even though I never rode it. I'm guessing that Maverick is just 2.5% better than I305. Like I said, I haven't ridden it, but I MIGHT ride it in 2015.
My top 5 coasters.
Steel 1: Maverick. 2: Top Thrill Dragster. 3: Diamondback. 4: Banshee. 5: Millennium Force
Wood 1: The Beast. 2: Blue Streak. 3: Hoosier Hurricane. 4: Cornball Express. 5: Mean Streak
I don't get around to many parks. :cry:

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby hey...hey » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:05 am

Could be that SUPER LOOP everyone is talking about and they could name it "King James Reign of Fire". -JUST KIDDING

Seriously, a Mantis redo and maybe a flat ride in the refurbed frontier section.
Coaster Count: Steel-55 Wood-13 Total-68

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby AndrewRnR » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:09 am

My final guess: It could be multiple things but main attraction - a permanent of sorts haunted attraction.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby KilroyMcSpunk » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:10 am

Guys, we have 50 minutes (or less if Rob has the info already) to place our bets.

I'm guessing this is the announcement of the first non-Six Flags RMC. Just a gut feeling, but Blue Streak really needs the tender love and care.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:12 am

KilroyMcSpunk wrote:I'm guessing this is the announcement of the first non-Six Flags RMC. Just a gut feeling, but Blue Streak really needs the tender love and care.

There is no way in hell they are ever going to Iron Horse Blue Streak.

Sharman19 wrote:It does beat you up like a TOGO, but it is fast, and furious. Don't forget that airtime hill!

I find Maverick to be perfectly smooth. There's no head banging at all.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby KilroyMcSpunk » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:17 am

There is no way in hell they are ever going to Iron Horse Blue Streak.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby dchang11 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:23 am

Highly doubt Mean Streak is getting the RMC makeover. The company is busy this offseason. If Cedar Fair and RMC made a deal, the refurbishment plans would have been announced sooner.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Sharman19 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:24 am

Do any of you think Lebron James will come to CP if Mantis will become King James: the Ride?
My top 5 coasters.
Steel 1: Maverick. 2: Top Thrill Dragster. 3: Diamondback. 4: Banshee. 5: Millennium Force
Wood 1: The Beast. 2: Blue Streak. 3: Hoosier Hurricane. 4: Cornball Express. 5: Mean Streak
I don't get around to many parks. :cry:

PreviousNext