Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: coasternut and 35 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A village is missing its IDIOT!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby XYZ » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:39 pm

Wes wrote:
historyfreak92 wrote:I was just a little upset of the removal of Space Spiral, but I hope they would get some new kind of view tower, or something like a Zamperla Air Race!

This isn't sufficient?

There's also Giant Wheel.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:33 am

historyfreak92 wrote:I was just a little upset of the removal of Space Spiral, but I hope they would get some new kind of view tower, or something like a Zamperla Air Race!

I only rode it once and the a/c was off. I was sweating the whole ride. Just ride TTD, the tallest view tower in the park.

Thanks for the new photos, all the new coasters this year look photogenic. It's going to be a great coaster season.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Mohead » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:52 am

Still wondering about the "Keyhole" gaps. It's like Gatekeeper is flying through a Debit card reader more than a Keyhole. I guess I'll eventually get used to it.

My favorite roller coaster is dumb.

Postby DarienLaker » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:04 am

XYZ wrote:
Wes wrote:

This isn't sufficient?

There's also Giant Wheel.

And the Skyride on the Midway!
Nobody knows a lot about Darien Lake like me! ;)

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Brassinthegrass » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:13 am

You never know, we may see another type of observation tower closer to the back of the park. With Windseeker and the wheel up front, Power Tower in the Middle, I could see another type of tall "family" style ride in the back... Maybe one of those "double use" towers we saw at IAAPA with an oberservation tower top and a roller coaster inside :b

My favorite roller coaster is dumb.

Postby DarienLaker » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:32 am

^ They should have moved Space Spiral to the back of the park! ;)
Nobody knows a lot about Darien Lake like me! ;)

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Location: Houston TX Former Astroworld since 1999, then Kemah Boardwalk

Postby historyfreak92 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:32 am

But no! Still I like Cedar Point as a Dream!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Lareson » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:15 am

I wouldn't mind if an observation tower of some sort was installed again, but with newer features. I don't know if they would though, because of Space Spiral's low ridership and I thought I heard that Windseeker was a suitable replacement, even though no cameras are permitted on it.

Also why they didn't do anything to Space Spiral besides blow it up, is because the foundation goes ridiculously deep and the age of it. Was impractical to do anything besides what happened to it. It'll forever be there in a sense cause of the foundation. They only scraped about 6ft off of it when they were prepping it for Gatekeeper, but a majority of it is still in the ground.

Intamin is still making them though, with the new 500ft tall one being installed at the Texas State Fair. Tallest ride again in the park is an observation tower, anyone? ;)
The man may keep me down but opinions are my own.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Sammy* » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:23 am

Brassinthegrass wrote:You never know, we may see another type of observation tower closer to the back of the park. With Windseeker and the wheel up front, Power Tower in the Middle, I could see another type of tall "family" style ride in the back... Maybe one of those "double use" towers we saw at IAAPA with an oberservation tower top and a roller coaster inside :b

That would be nice, If the towers tall enough they could also take back, the tallest coaster record

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:46 am

Mohead wrote:Still wondering about the "Keyhole" gaps. It's like Gatekeeper is flying through a Debit card reader more than a Keyhole. I guess I'll eventually get used to it.

Does it really matter if there are gaps or not?

PreviousNext