Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby mhuffva » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:59 pm

Mean Streak wrote:I know I am a head of the topic but I say for next year Kiddie Kingdom goes for a Planet Snoopy expantion

I am confused, aren't you behind in the topic concerning Planet Snoopy at Cedar Point? I thought they were the first park in the Cedar Fair chain to refurbish and expand one of Cedar Point's Kids areas into a Planet Snoopy in 2008. This kicked off a domino effect of other Planet Snoopy expansions/refurbishments at other Cedar Fair parks (Dorney Park, Worlds of Fun, and Valleyfair in 2011 | Kings Dominion in 2013).

I did not bother so much with the other Legacy Paramount Parks having to rename rides/attractions due to the end of the licensing of Hanna-Barberra and Nickelodeon intellectual properties with Cedar Fair.

Or, are you expecting a second Planet Snoopy kids area at Cedar point? (Like Planet Snoopy I and Planet Snoopy II ?)

Maveshark Team Leader and awesome dude!

Postby coasterkyle » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:46 pm

Hes saying that he would like to see Planet snoopy expand into Kiddy Kingdom ( Mind you KD added a small version of Planet Snoopy in 2010 where most of the Nickelodeon stuff was)
Credits - 144 Favorites 1.Skyrush 2.Maverick 3. Phoenix

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Mean Streak » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:48 pm

A lot of the rides in Kiddie Kingdom are old so some of the rides may see there last season. Cedar Point's Planet snoopy is also very small

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CpBluestreakCp » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:24 pm

^^Yeah, he meant to expand the older Kiddie Kingdom with the newer Planet Snoopy to make one "mega" kids area, I guess. Which something to do with the kids areas could be down the road. More than likely, we won't be getting a big investment for a few more years after GateKeeper, so it is plausible.
Top coasters: Maverick, Storm Runner, Skyrush, Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Titan, Phoenix, NTAG, Apollo, Blue Streak.
*Disclaimer: Ignore my Cedar Point fanboy name that I made when I was 11. It doesn't define me as a poster!*
Follow my Twitter and Instagram

I Love Donkeys!

Postby hollinwp » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:47 pm

If there is one thing I would love to see at Cedar Point for 2014, is a remake of the Pirate Ride and renovating the Blue Streak plaza for its 50 year anniversary. Fingers crossed though.
Top 5 Wood : Phoenix, Ravine Flyer 2, Blue Streak, The Beast, Lightning Racer
Top 5 Steel : Magnum XL 200, Sky Rush, Diamondback, Fahrenheit, Talon

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Mean Streak » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:05 pm

If it does happen I hope they put in a flyer like the one at Michigan's Adventrue.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CpBluestreakCp » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:35 pm

I agree, it would be great to see the area around Blue Streak to get some love. Cedar Point does need some kind of dark ride as well, hopefully we see one of those in the future whether it's something like Toy Story Midway Mania or just a regular classic one like the old Pirate Ride.
Top coasters: Maverick, Storm Runner, Skyrush, Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Titan, Phoenix, NTAG, Apollo, Blue Streak.
*Disclaimer: Ignore my Cedar Point fanboy name that I made when I was 11. It doesn't define me as a poster!*
Follow my Twitter and Instagram

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:38 pm

hollinwp wrote:If there is one thing I would love to see at Cedar Point for 2014, is a remake of the Pirate Ride and renovating the Blue Streak plaza for its 50 year anniversary. Fingers crossed though.

That or a redoing of the Gemini midway, the whole area looks like it is stuck in the 1970s.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Location: Houston TX Former Astroworld since 1999, then Kemah Boardwalk

Postby historyfreak92 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:32 pm

I was just a little upset of the removal of Space Spiral, but I hope they would get some new kind of view tower, or something like a Zamperla Air Race!

Postby Wes » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:38 pm

historyfreak92 wrote:I was just a little upset of the removal of Space Spiral, but I hope they would get some new kind of view tower, or something like a Zamperla Air Race!

This isn't sufficient?
Cedar Point WindSeeker.jpg

PreviousNext