Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: lord denning, VF15 and 36 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby jmicha » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:39 pm

^It depends on all those things as well as the wheel compound used. For instance, Hulk has a compound that makes a TON of noise. Therefore the ride is seriously loud and audible from miles away. Dueling Dragons, on the other hand, has a compound used to minimize sound to help the theme of riding on a dragon. But since Gatekeeper isn't trying to keep up some major theme, I'd expect it to have a similar roar to Raptor and Mantis. Quite audible.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby vacoaster09 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:52 am

Another piece has gone up in the snow. These guys are determined!
cp.jpg
2/8/13 9:48AM

And now the zero G is finished!
cp2.jpg
2/8/13 11:10AM
Last edited by vacoaster09 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:12 am.
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Randomman295 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:59 am

I shouldn't be one to talk because I've never ridden a Wingrider before, but the keyholes on the Zero G roll look to be the highlight of the ride so far. It's gonna feel like your legs are about to be chopped off, and I love it when coasters do that.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby DougMJr » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:05 am

I love the keyholes! To me it looks as if the track is just floating through them. Even if this turns out to be just a big piece of scenery and not that intense of a ride I still think it is a good addition for Cedar Point.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby coasterjohnh » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:22 am

I'm so happy with this coaster. When Geauga Lake closed I thought I would never get a chance again to ride a floor less coaster. The Gatekeeper looks to be even bigger and better than the floor less from Geauga Lake. I can't wait to ride it.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:27 am

This looks amazing. I expected it to look good but this is stunning. :lover: One of my favorite elements of 2013. ;)
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:28 am

coasterjohnh wrote:I'm so happy with this coaster. When Geauga Lake closed I thought I would never get a chance again to ride a floor less coaster. The Gatekeeper looks to be even bigger and better than the floor less from Geauga Lake. I can't wait to ride it.

And trust me...Dominator wasn't that great. (Scrubs off all its speed way to quick, shame after its unique first half). Especially compared to Medusa or Kraken!

I have always wondered how forceful the wingriders are. They don't seem very much so, but I think it's decieving in the POV because you can't really see track. Seems calm because its just air and scenery we see! No doubt the chopper effects are a big part of these rides, but its also big and fast, I bet this will be great.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.

Postby SFOGdude25 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:25 pm

JJLehto wrote: I have always wondered how forceful the wingriders are. They don't seem very much so, but I think it's decieving in the POV because you can't really see track. Seems calm because its just air and scenery we see! No doubt the chopper effects are a big part of these rides, but its also big and fast, I bet this will be great.

I've only ridden Wild Eagle, but I thought that it was a lot of fun. I didn't find it very forceful, but visually, being on a large wing off the side of the track was pretty spectacular. Granted, I probably rode in the worst possible place for forces (the middle car), and I only got one ride that day as the park was really crowded so I didn't care where I sat.

I have a feeling, though, that Gatekeeper will have a bit more bite to it. Despite its size, it seems that the ride will pace pretty well. I really love how they're mixing it up by throwing in a couple of airtime hills with the inversions.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby thepoint4life23 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:49 pm

as for the Lighting on the train i hope its like white led's. not something crazy like rip rock and roll.

Postby Wes » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:56 pm

thepoint4life23 wrote:as for the Lighting on the train i hope its like white led's. not something crazy like rip rock and roll.

The choice on what words to capitalize in this post is beyond baffling.

PreviousNext