Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: I Like Theme Parks., Satans Hockey and 23 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I annoy the Title Fairy every other week!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Voxelmatic » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:45 am

At the rate they're moving on Gatekeeper, I won't be surprised if they start testing before YOLOcoaster has even started vertical construction!
I'm probably TPR's biggest fan of Premier Rides.
I'm Batman.
I rode Skyrush before it was cool.
Check out my latest theme park adventure!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:05 am

The trio of company-owned hotels — the historic Breakers Hotel, upscale Sandcastle Suites, and 12-year-old Breakers Express hotel — at Cedar Point must become “more than a room for the night,” Mr. Ouimet said.

This is great news! Those resorts were stuck in 70's. I think this will really do a lot for them.

Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.

Postby SFOGdude25 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:19 pm

Revamping the hotels will be great! I almost always stay at the Breakers Express since that's the only Cedar Point property in my budget, and I've always found the place to be a little stale. I'm looking forward to seeing what Mr. Ouimet will do!

Oh yeah, and GateKeeper is looking awesome!!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby JRHcoasterki » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:39 pm

It's so funny that they just announced they are going to revamp the hotels because I was just thinking last night that they could use a good revamp. And now it's actually happening!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:03 pm

jray21 wrote:This is great news! Those resorts were stuck in 70's.

That's because Kinzel's mentality of running the company was stuck in the 70's. :lmao:

This is great news though I have never stayed at any of the resorts but I've heard stories about them. I'm really loving what Mr. Ouimet is doing with the company and the parks. CP was actually a bit more enjoyable this past summer than it was the last few years under Kinzel's watch though there is still a bit of work to do to make it the great park it used to be.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:05 pm

"roller chairs"

Knoebels should build one of these, it sounds pretty historical.
Been you to have any spike, man?

Postby Wes » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:06 pm

jray21 wrote:
The trio of company-owned hotels — the historic Breakers Hotel, upscale Sandcastle Suites, and 12-year-old Breakers Express hotel — at Cedar Point must become “more than a room for the night,” Mr. Ouimet said.

This is great news! Those resorts were stuck in 70's. I think this will really do a lot for them.

The Breakers feels like it was stuck in the 1870's.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Gmaster562 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:26 pm

Has anyone here participated in the summer Jobs program at cedar point? Where in cedar point do you work, and is it worth it to move from the West Coast for the summer? Also, If anyone knows how much the pay plus what they take away for housing and AC is, that'd be awesome.
"I love the loop de loops".

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:34 pm

^ I worked there in 2010 and the following off-season in Challenge Park and Castaway Bay. I knew several that came from pretty far away, most liked it some hated it but it all depends on who you get to know and if you enjoy your job. For housing im not sure what it is now but when I worked there I paid $38 a week to live in the commons dorms (With A/C).

Racing for the sky

Postby coasterlover420 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:21 am

I work in rides, and I am from the southwest, so I'd think the experience from the west coast would be pretty similar. I drive there every summer, so I have to deal with gas prices, but a plane ride is also a viable option, you just have to consider how to get there, because transportation from cleveland to sandusky is crap. There's either greyhound or amtrak, but they are always at the most inconvenient times. Knowing people who live there always helps.

The experience as a whole, in my opinion as a coaster enthusiast, is well worth it. You get to ride coasters for free while you're there working your job, you meet a lot of cool people who are also coaster enthusiasts, and you get to see a completely different side of the theme park industry. The job itself is really fun for a coaster enthusiast because you get to push buttons and check seat belts and stuff! The housing, unfortunately, is not the best. It is livable, definitely, and it's also not too expensive. They just deduct the cost from your paycheck and you never even think that you're paying for housing. The point is that we get a lot of hours so the money isn't bad at all. AC comes with housing if you live off point, however there is no AC in Cedars (men) and Gold (women) dorms, which are on the peninsula. The thing most people love to use is the Cedar Fair perk, which is that while you're an employee, you get into other Cedar Fair parks for free! King's Island trips are frequent!

I don't regret at all working at CP. It costs even more money for me because I have to take a 20 hour drive to get there, but I love every minute of working there!
~Signature~

PreviousNext