Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby 99er » Wed May 16, 2012 6:11 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:Does anyone know if they are limiting the number of Fast Lanes they sell per day?

The park has stated that they will limit the amount sold per day. What that amount is we do not know but I am sure it is based on attendance for the day. I can't remember if it was on here and Pointbuzz but someone posted that they tried buying a pass from Pagoda and they were already sold out of them.
-Chris

Remember, if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Wed May 16, 2012 7:28 pm

accelerate wrote: but if you're a regular, it's not really as valuable and it does make lines longer.

But a regular should be going during non-peak times, right? If you are local to any theme park, why would you choose to go to the park when it is traditionally slammed. You go at non-peak times, and then the Fast Pass system is meaningless. Now say due to certain circumstances, you end up going during a peak time, you now have the option to use the system, where before you were going to be stuck waiting all day in lines.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Wed May 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:Does anyone know if they are limiting the number of Fast Lanes they sell per day? This may still be something they have to test and adjust throughout the summer on really busy days but it will be interesting to see if they ever sell out. I know at Seaworld and Busch Gardens they use a similar system and do limit the number of passes they sell per day presumably to keep the stand by line from getting out of control on capacity days (the parks are different so it's completely different all together).

Saying that the line was twice as long because of Fast Lane is a gross execration, a few minutes longer? Maybe. Twice as long? Ridiculous :roll: . This is America, if you don't want to wait, you can always buy your way to the front of the line.

It makes the regular line longer on most rides because the line moves slower as a result.I don't really see them "merging" the lines like they're supposed to but instead all they've done is use exisiting entry points(disabled guest entrances) as a means of bypassing the regular line & as a result it severely limits how many guests are allowed to enter the station from the line & that is what slows things down.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed May 16, 2012 8:22 pm

^Have you read ANY of the reports from CP's opening weekend?

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Wed May 16, 2012 8:41 pm

ernierocker wrote:
But a regular should be going during non-peak times, right? If you are local to any theme park, why would you choose to go to the park when it is traditionally slammed. You go at non-peak times, and then the Fast Pass system is meaningless.

That's my strategy. Hasn't failed me yet. If this sort of thing has been your hobby for a few years, you should be able be able to pick out a few days over the course of an operating season that spare you from purgatory-esque waits. Sometimes you're visiting a park that you normally wouldn't because something has brought you to the area- unless there are extraordinary circumstances, you should be able to rack up most of the park anyway. There aren't too many parks not named Disney that require more than a day anyway. Works out well for me, because I couldn't care less about the glorified FECs with elaborate decorations that Disney parks are.

It's pretty impressive that the one person in Ohio still rocking a LeBron James jersey shirt made it into one of these pictures.
Last edited by Ed Farmer on Wed May 16, 2012 8:43 pm.
Been you to have any spike, man?

Racing for the sky

Postby coasterlover420 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:43 pm

^^^Yeah, nobody has really said much about "slowing things down." The lines last however long they will last, there are just a few people jumping in every once in a while. If 100 people jump you in fast lane while you are waiting, that only adds 6 trains to your wait, which at Dragster is 3 dispatches, adding around 8 minutes to your wait. That's not that much. It's not like an hour line is being extended to a 2 hour line...
~Signature~

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Cavs Fan » Wed May 16, 2012 8:54 pm

Robb it turns out you were right in front of me in line for Maverick. I wanted to say something but I was too nervous...

I had a great time though so it's okay.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Wed May 16, 2012 9:09 pm

^Probably a good decision. I hear Robb bites. ;-)

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby deguy123 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:39 am

robbalvey wrote:On our TPR tours, we get people ERT *AND* front of the line passes for all the parks that offer them, and all we ever hear is how amazing it is having "ERT all day long" at the parks we visit. How the hell is this something anyone would complain about?

It is AMAZING, I couldn't have imagined not having it on the Saturday we were at Six Flags New England on the Northeast Trip.

North East Trip 2011

LeviaTHON 2012

Scandi 2014

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby haydn12 » Thu May 17, 2012 10:24 am

We are going to Cedar Point for 3 days in early June. We only get to go every 2 or 3 years. Decided to do fast passes on the 2nd day to do our coaster marathoning. On the other days we will catch rides on the rides that don't have the long lines, watch the shows and walk the frontier trail.

Jim

PreviousNext