Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby MrJazzHands » Tue May 15, 2012 10:56 am

You seem so excited about your internet first, I decided to help you protect your investment. ;)
550967_10150910683593566_194340658565_9883152_2146282710_n.jpg

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue May 15, 2012 10:59 am

^ LMAO!!!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby prost » Tue May 15, 2012 11:24 am

805Andrew wrote:
kidcoaster 2 wrote:^ It's called Insane Coaster Wars it debuts in July.

http://www.travelchannel.com/interests/family/articles/insane-coaster-wars

Thanks!

A lot of videos in that link have Burt the Conqueror. I wonder if he will be hosting Insane Coaster Wars and whatever happened to his Bert the Conqueror show? Was it cancelled? I never got to see the CA episodes. July is a horrible time to premiere a new show by the way, I guess Travel Channel doesn't have much faith in this show. Hopefully they will repeat it a lot in the fall.

Bert the Conqueror was moved during its last season in favor of the US version of Scream! If You Know the Answer, which was also hosted by Bert Kreisher. It was not picked up for a third season.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Tue May 15, 2012 12:46 pm

Really had a great weekend at the park. The only ride I honestly hated was Mantis. Just didn't do anything for me and was very uncomfortable to ride! TGI Fridays definitely deserves all the hype it gets. I already miss it!

RIDE WARRIORS!!!!!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby beatle11 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:48 pm

Great TR! I miss Cedar Point, especially Maverick!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby IrishBuckeye » Tue May 15, 2012 3:47 pm

Very nice trip report RobbAlvey. I just posted mine as well. http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62501

Love pretty much all the pics you got, especially the shot of the MF painted/unpainted track side by side.

Good stuff!

P.S., I have yet to visit the TGI Fridays on the beach, in fact I didn't even know it existed until the other day when I was looking at food options on CPs website. I'll try to swing by there next time. Just hope the prices are somewhat reasonable.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Tue May 15, 2012 4:15 pm

Robb, thanks for the GL pics. If I was to try to get similar photos like that I'd have the Bainbridge Township cops on my a$$. It is depressing to see.

Enjoyed the CP photos and glad it was a good time for you despite all the filming. If Mean Streak is tolerable now it won't be by August. :lmao:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby mikeykaise » Tue May 15, 2012 5:03 pm

I've only been to CP once as a teenager and that was the summer Millenium Force had just opened. I wish I could get back there this summer. Oh well, there's always next summer.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue May 15, 2012 5:26 pm

^Wow, you were a really old teenager?!?!?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby nosro » Tue May 15, 2012 7:23 pm

Fast Lane review - Tuesday May 15

Unless I missed something (I am only an infrequent lurker and frequent viewer of the videos), I did not see anyone summarize their Fast Lane experience. I just visited on May 15 (Tuesday) with a Fast Lane pass so I might be one of the first around here to try out Fast Lane in the middle of the week.

Reference Point
For those familiar with Cedar Point, there was a decent crowd of high school students as the opening week is now traditionally "Physics Week". Nevertheless, Blue Streak and Wicked Twister were walk-ons for everyone. Mantis had a line approximately 10 minutes long and Mantis did not have a Fast Lane. I hope this serves as a barometer of the day's crowd size and puts my Fast Lane experience in context.

Fast Lane experience
Fast Lane provided direct access to the loading platform for all rides that I attended (including some that were walk-on and thus provided no advantage): Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mean Streak, Skyhawk, Maxair, Wind Seeker, Power Tower, Magnum. Raptor provided a merge point half-way up the stairs to the loading platform that was moderated by an attendant. In all cases, an attendant checked our wrist bands. There was no Fast Lane path for Mantis or Wicked Twister on this day.

Only once did we actually end up "waiting" behind other Fast Lane holders (on Top Thrill Dragster, where there was 5 people ahead of us). Fast Lane essentially turned every ride onto a walk-on ride.

Due to the nature of the ride exit path and where the Fast Lane is located, Millennium Force and Maverick have very convenient paths to walk right back on without ever leaving the platform building. Using Millennium Force as an example, we were able to disembark and get back in time to buckle into the coaster that had been behind us (not the same coaster that we disembarked from).

Although such an advantage obviously offered the chance to re-ride (I rode Millennium Force 4 times in a row), I think the real advantage is that my friends and I were able to relax enough to take an hour off to chat and drink beer in the middle of the afternoon without worrying about having enough time to get all of our credits in. Also, none of us got sun burned - the reduced sun exposure was a big energy booster.

I hope this helps those who are on the fence. If nothing else, I can not see how this significantly effects the main line simply because I saw so few Fast Lane users. Obviously, this may not be the case in the future or after this post.

PreviousNext