Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!
User avatar
 
Posts: 106
Joined: 22 Apr 2012
Gender: Male

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby SkyBreak95 » Sun May 13, 2012 10:59 am

Could someone please explain the TTD FL issue in more detail? Sorrry, I'm just not really grasping the details ?_?

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.
User avatar
 
Posts: 684
Joined: 15 May 2011
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Age: 22

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby chargersmichael » Sun May 13, 2012 1:31 pm

testtrack321 wrote:
chargersmichael wrote:I had a question about the FastLane. If you get it, do they assign you a row like Six flags does? Also, does it take you to the station entrance or station exit. My mom and dad are thinking about getting it when we go this summer and wanted to know cause we don't want to have assigned seating.


The closest example is Disney. There are merge points before the turnstiles into the rides. It varies, Raptor is halfway up the stairs, Millie is inside the station, TTD gets their own train, etc. It really just depends on the station layout. No one gets 'rows' and no one gets to enter through the exit.



Thanks a lot! :b
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 9110
Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Location: Knoxville, TN
Gender: Male
Age: 40

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby ernierocker » Sun May 13, 2012 3:15 pm

SkyBreak95 wrote:Could someone please explain the TTD FL issue in more detail? Sorrry, I'm just not really grasping the details ?_?


Okay, you know how they load two trains at a time?? The Fast Lane line enters at the front of the station and loads in the front train. The stand-by line loads into the back train. Make sense?

Crowds are almost non-existant today. Everything is a walk-on except for MF, TTD, and Maverick which have like 30 minute lines. Such a contrast to yesterday!
Image

I know more about donkeys than women!
User avatar
 
Posts: 359
Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Gender: Male
Age: 22

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby TXman308 » Sun May 13, 2012 3:33 pm

ernierocker wrote:Okay, you know how they load two trains at a time?? The Fast Lane line enters at the front of the station and loads in the front train. The stand-by line loads into the back train. Make sense?


If they don't have enough FL people do they let the regular guests cross over to the other side? If not then TTD is going to lose a lot of capacity.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
 
Posts: 3645
Joined: 15 Apr 2006
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Age: 30

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sun May 13, 2012 3:37 pm

^ That side of the station is still accessible from the regular line.


I, too can attest that Fast Lane is a great addition. It was awesome skipping the two-hour line for MF yesterday...multiple times! I got to do everything I wanted, plus multiples of most rides, on a crowded day. They are definitely worth every penny.


I have my fast lanes already, but im just wondering how many they give out per day?


I bought mine at the merchandise store across from TTD, I think it is called "Extreme Coaster Gear," or something of that nature, and the girl pulled out a sheet from under the register drawer with a bunch of the wristbands attached to each other. About half were already missing, so maybe they only give them one or two sheets at the start of the day, and once they're gone, they're gone? I don't know, but I would say that if you ever get turned down at one place to definitely try another store, as there are many places that sell them in the park. There are even stores in Frontiertown which sell them that I would assume move them slower than stores on main midways.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!
 
Posts: 2084
Joined: 27 Oct 2007
Location: Manassas Va.
Gender: Male

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Sun May 13, 2012 5:45 pm

testtrack321 wrote:
chargersmichael wrote:I had a question about the FastLane. If you get it, do they assign you a row like Six flags does? Also, does it take you to the station entrance or station exit. My mom and dad are thinking about getting it when we go this summer and wanted to know cause we don't want to have assigned seating.


The closest example is Disney. There are merge points before the turnstiles into the rides. It varies, Raptor is halfway up the stairs, Millie is inside the station, TTD gets their own train, etc. It really just depends on the station layout. No one gets 'rows' and no one gets to enter through the exit.


With the way KD does it some of the coasters simply used the disable guest entrance alongside the main queue....windseeker has it's own seperate FL entrance though.

Site Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 48167
Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sun May 13, 2012 6:09 pm

TXman308 wrote:
ernierocker wrote:Okay, you know how they load two trains at a time?? The Fast Lane line enters at the front of the station and loads in the front train. The stand-by line loads into the back train. Make sense?


If they don't have enough FL people do they let the regular guests cross over to the other side? If not then TTD is going to lose a lot of capacity.

No, they just keep sending empty trains as a SCREW YOU to the people who didn't buy Fast Lane...

YES OF COURSE THEY LOAD THOSE TRAINS!!!!!! :roll:

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”
User avatar
 
Posts: 340
Joined: 23 May 2005
Location: Ohio
Gender: Male
Age: 33

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby testtrack321 » Sun May 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Anyone have information on the factors that play into the cost of FastLane, and if there is a way to predict how much it'll cost? I'm interested in buying it next time I go, but I want to go knowing that'll it cost $xxx and not be surprised when it turns out to cost twice as much.
Image

I know more about donkeys than women!
User avatar
 
Posts: 359
Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Gender: Male
Age: 22

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby TXman308 » Sun May 13, 2012 6:25 pm

testtrack321 wrote:Anyone have information on the factors that play into the cost of FastLane, and if there is a way to predict how much it'll cost? I'm interested in buying it next time I go, but I want to go knowing that'll it cost $xxx and not be surprised when it turns out to cost twice as much.


-$50 for one person
-$45 for two people (each, total of $90)
-$40 for three people ($120)
I don't think the prices will fluctuate.

Site Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 48167
Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sun May 13, 2012 6:33 pm

testtrack321 wrote:Anyone have information on the factors that play into the cost of FastLane, and if there is a way to predict how much it'll cost? I'm interested in buying it next time I go, but I want to go knowing that'll it cost $xxx and not be surprised when it turns out to cost twice as much.

This link is posted on the index (page 1) of this thread: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1165889#p1165889

PreviousNext