Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: Haymaker, mpmbee and 37 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby ernierocker » Sat May 12, 2012 2:59 pm

IrishBuckeye wrote:
Just got on Millennium Force in 15 minutes with Fast Lane. At least a 90 minute wait. Even Blue Streak had a 1 hour posted wait time and we walked straight into the loading station.

I'm hoping this is because of the crowds on opening day, and not because fast lane is making the GP's wait ridiculous.

Disaster Transport has an hour line and is not on Fast Lane. The park is just very crowded today. They have honestly done a great job with merging the lines.

SharkTums wrote:Very odd about Woodstock. Perhaps just try back later if there's a different operator. Unless they've changed the rule in the park map, you could use that to show them that it's different from Jr. Gemini.

The park map does not list Woodstock Express as ride with kid only. I am going with it being opening day and the ride op didn't know any better.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby 99er » Sat May 12, 2012 3:12 pm

With the wait times that you have posted, this has got to be the busiest opening day that I have seen.
-Chris

Remember, if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby testtrack321 » Sat May 12, 2012 8:29 pm

It was busy, but it didn't help that until around 1pm Millie wasn't up yet, Dragster ran intermittently most of the day, Maverick went down after 3/4pm, Wicked Twister wasn't running, MaxAir went down right before I left, and I saw Cedar Creek Mine Ride get evacuated when in line for Skyhawk. It was crazy. There were also quite a few school groups today for competitions and events which cause problems.

Most of the rides I don't have issues with the FastLane for. One I do have gripes against is TTD, as there the capacity is split: FastLane gets the first trail to themselves, second train for standby. This seems highly skewed. Other than that most of the merge points were right before the turnstile into the ride (except for Millie) and I had very little issue with it.

Luminosity is going to be interesting. It seems to be CP's response to GlowFest/elecTRONica/Mad T Party. I don't know how much information/pictures have gotten out, but here's a general idea of what's going down.

There has been lots of pavement work in the Iron Dragon Midway. There is now a large stage to the right of the entrance of Iron Dragon that will be the main performance area. There are a few levels along with large scaffolding (three stories) behind it for dancing/lighting. Lots of LED lights of various kinds; they were setting up several LED screens today too. There are about four, large cylindrical dance platforms about 4' tall in the midway along with some new swoopy pavement. In addition there is a new bar (or new to me) near the main midway. The lighting/speaker set ups even go into the main midway nearly up to Cedar Downs. This looks to be a major event and offering this year, I can't wait to see what the final product looks like!

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Sat May 12, 2012 8:48 pm

99er wrote:With the wait times that you have posted, this has got to be the busiest opening day that I have seen.

Kind of glad I didnt make my annual trek there like I usually have for so many years. Typically though, it has been most opening days arent this gorgeous from a weather standpoint either. Usually its much colder or just more miserable.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Sat May 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Update on the Woodstock Express issue from earlier today: different ride op than before let us on the ride without a kid and they were actually loading the entire train. So. I guess the girl from this morning thought she was working Gemini Jr. No clue.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby IrishBuckeye » Sun May 13, 2012 1:14 am

testtrack321 wrote:Most of the rides I don't have issues with the FastLane for. One I do have gripes against is TTD, as there the capacity is split: FastLane gets the first trail to themselves, second train for standby. This seems highly skewed. Other than that most of the merge points were right before the turnstile into the ride (except for Millie) and I had very little issue with it.

This is great news! Sounds like CP is handling the fastlane passes the right way.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Sun May 13, 2012 6:46 am

I had a question about the FastLane. If you get it, do they assign you a row like Six flags does? Also, does it take you to the station entrance or station exit. My mom and dad are thinking about getting it when we go this summer and wanted to know cause we don't want to have assigned seating.
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby krakenmaniac » Sun May 13, 2012 7:14 am

I have my fast lanes already, but im just wondering how many they give out per day?
Count:152

Top steel: I-305
Top wood: Lightning Rod
Home park: SFOG

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby KI Kidd » Sun May 13, 2012 9:14 am

Members on KICentral were told that its capped at 20% of attendance each day at KI. I don't know that that holds true chain wide though.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby testtrack321 » Sun May 13, 2012 10:36 am

chargersmichael wrote:I had a question about the FastLane. If you get it, do they assign you a row like Six flags does? Also, does it take you to the station entrance or station exit. My mom and dad are thinking about getting it when we go this summer and wanted to know cause we don't want to have assigned seating.

The closest example is Disney. There are merge points before the turnstiles into the rides. It varies, Raptor is halfway up the stairs, Millie is inside the station, TTD gets their own train, etc. It really just depends on the station layout. No one gets 'rows' and no one gets to enter through the exit.

PreviousNext