Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby TXman308 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:50 pm

For the Fast Lane, will there be one assigned row, or will you be able to pick which row you want to go to? I'm primarily talking about dragster, because I think that would probably make people angry if you had to wait twice as long for the front row. :?r

Edit: It says on the info page "Separate Ride Entrances". So it won't be right up the exit ramp?

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BigDipper 80 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:55 pm

Most of the Fast Lane rides have a separate queue left from when FreeWay was still in use. For example, MF's FreeWay queue went from the ride's entrance to the ramp, bypassing the switchbacks. You'd still have to wait in the stretch of queue that went from the bottom of the ramp up to the station.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:04 pm

I'm guessing the Fast Passes will get you to the station immediately and you have to wait from there, which I actually think is the right way to go about it.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby TXman308 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:06 pm

BigDipper 80 wrote:Most of the Fast Lane rides have a separate queue left from when FreeWay was still in use. For example, MF's FreeWay queue went from the ride's entrance to the ramp, bypassing the switchbacks. You'd still have to wait in the stretch of queue that went from the bottom of the ramp up to the station.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, but then it says "exclusive access points". If they're referring to an access point to the ramp, they could be misleading a whole bunch of people.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby bgroodog » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Fast lanes will go directly to loading platforms and there will be a limited wait from there. There are no assigned rows on ride vehicles.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:07 am

bgroodog wrote:Fast lanes will go directly to loading platforms and there will be a limited wait from there. There are no assigned rows on ride vehicles.

I'm just gonna have faith with what you're saying. This will make the half hour extra waits for the front rows not seem so bad.

Also, I loved the tiered pricing. It's only gonna be about $300 for me and 4 friends who are road-tripping it down for a couple days this summer. We were expecting to spend more than that just for one day. For us, it's also going to do FastPASS was designed for, keep us out of the lines and buying more stuff. We'll probably actually do some sit-down meals not having to worry about lines. Might even go to the beach or God Forbid Soak City. Great move CP!
Snoochie Boochie

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:08 am

I think fast lane is a great idea! I like its a bracelet allowing to ride when you want and not the Q-Bot system.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby lake » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:19 am

Facebook fans, we need to band together. Cedar point is now offering the fast pass for $50 per person, when it use to be FREE couple of years ago! Rumor has it that it was discontinued back then because customers became irrate due to people using the fast pass with a hand stamp. Cedar Point is trying to pull a fast one on all season pass holders and regular customers by offering yet another thing to pay for....They are becoming a high end community. Every attraction you pay for. Look the new exibit for 2012, Even that cost $5 to get in on top of the $45 plus dollars to get into the park & 10 parking fee. Please pass this along to all your friends and lets protest together...Maybe they will take us serious.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Anyways, I think The Fastlane would work better as a QBot. At least QBot puts some order into the system. Without any order I could see Fastlane getting out of control if a large group purchases 20-30 Fastlanes and all goes on Blue Streak together. Six Flags at least makes them wait. :P

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:25 am

This will be an absolute must for me the next time I get to Cedar Point (or any Cedar Fair Park from now on really). Pricing seems pretty reasonable for the amount of rides included in it too, I wonder in the future if they will include brand new attractions on Fast Lane during their opening year?

Glad more parks in general are starting to adopt these ride reservation systems like Qbots, and Flashpasses, and Fast Lanes, it really makes a day at the park much more enjoyable and probably will be a constant cash cow for the parks that adopt them.

Welcome to America, where you can buy your way to the font of the line!

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:32 am

lake wrote:Without any order I could see Fastlane getting out of control if a large group purchases 20-30 Fastlanes and all goes on Blue Streak together. Six Flags at least makes them wait. :P

People thought this would happen at Kings Island last year, and as far as I understand, it didn't. And the way they do it (with the Fast Lane dropping you off in the station, not directly onto the ride), that makes it impossible for people to truly abuse the system.

PreviousNext