Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: jynx242 and 32 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby bgroodog » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:20 am

I would not be okay if they retired Cedar Downs. Its the unique rides that make each park for me and Cedar Downs is about as unique as they come.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BigDipper 80 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:28 am

^I believe he was referring to the employee housing located behind Wildcat.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:46 am

G$ Kurt wrote:One of the other plots of real-estate in that area rumured to be opened up is the Cedars Dorms. With rumors of big changes coming to cp employee housing, we could easily see Cedars be officially retired. Using wildcats spot to access that land is more than enough room for a big ride.

Damn, that almost doubles the already-big potential open area of land. I think it's very possible they have something big up their sleeve.

That's good to hear about the dorms for the employees' sake also, in my opinion. With all the horror stories about how bad they are/were, better living quarters equals happier employees, and happier employees equals a better experience for us.
Last edited by FeelTheFORCE on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:48 am.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby bgroodog » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:48 am

WOW, I look like a donkey ass now. haha. Well the Cedars Dorms are nice to have on point for employees without transport to and from work. Mostly the international employees end up there as it is. They are in dire need or major renovation though so I can foresee them being one of the next of the old structures to go, but I can also see them being rebuilt in the same location or moved to a smaller plot of land. Them and Golds Dorms by the water tower...

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby galindoverhere » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:56 pm

In Case anyone noticed, an amazing video of Millennium Force under construction was posted on Cedar Point's Youtube channel.

Moderators/Administrators: I'm having trouble posting Youtube videos...
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:30 pm.
- Chris G.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby 99er » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:21 pm

FeelTheFORCE wrote:Damn, that almost doubles the already-big potential open area of land. I think it's very possible they have something big up their sleeve.

Lets not forget though that the rumor about Cedars being torn down because of the conditions has been around since at least 2000. Although the rumor now has a chance of being real more then ever.

That being said, if they are torn down I would bet the farm on them using that land for more parking. That end of the lot fills up quick because you have at least 208 boat slips plus Famous Dave's, the Marina Office and HR/Purchasing all needing parking. I could see Perimeter Road being shifted to the left a little (towards the Marina) to give more space behind the Goodtime Theater, Wildcat and the Engine House for vehicle access. I just don't see that land being use for any kind of new attraction.
-Chris

Remember, if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:41 pm

^I agree, developing that land as a parking lot would be a lot more practical than trying to put some type of attraction there. Perimeter Road poses lots of logistical problems with rides and/or midways having to cross over it, I think it would be more trouble than it's worth.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:51 pm

^ I have to agree with you Steve. Building a ride over the road would have to leave plenty of clearance for trucks passing through, safety nets so loose articles don't hit cars, ect. Cedar Point has quite a bit of room before they should have to consider constructing attractions over Perimeter Road.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby G$ Kurt » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:03 pm

Yeah they don't need to start building rides that exist 90% outside of the park
*cough*magnum..

In all seriousness I do agree best used for more parking or possibly a new hr/employee housing building. Anyone who says cp is out of room clearly hasn't been to Indiana Beach

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:13 pm

^Anything going to the Cedar Dorms area would be significantly different than where Magnum goes.

PreviousNext