Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby coastermaniac » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:22 pm

I agree that they need to do something with the CCMR trains, mainly the lapbars; they need to be updated at least. I do like the look of the trains...old western style. I hope they don't get rid of them completely but a lapbar update would be nice.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby kunpc1 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:36 pm

Looks like they've already been testing out the Gemini trains on CCMR... Thanks to Screamscape:

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:44 pm

That's just bizarre. :omg:

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby kunpc1 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:46 pm

Agreed. Just when you thought Cedar Point couldn't kill the little theme they had any more... I'd really prefer they "fix" Gemini and put the 5th and 6th trains back on there instead ;)

Racing for the sky

Postby coasterlover420 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:28 pm

Why? Mine Ride's restraints are not very accommodating, plus Gemini's line is never long enough for it to make a difference running 2 trains rather than 3. They wouldn't run the risk of having it set up day after day either. It's not like the Mine Ride trains are heavily themed. Most of the ride's theme is around it rather than on it.
~Signature~

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby STR8FXXXINEDGE » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:48 pm

Good god, I hope they at least paint the things to some what fit the theme.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby VGplay » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:07 am

Anyone else find it amusing that it has been warm enough in January that they apparently have already been testing Gemini's trains on the ride? It's kinda funny that the park seriously could've been open through the winter this year.

And about the trains, why not? They've had Gemini's extra trains sitting inside Mean Streak for the past few years, not a bad idea to put them to use and replace Mine Ride's old trains with something more accommodating. Hopefully they paint them brown or something, though. I'm a little surprised they're still in operating condition, I would've thought they'd have been picked apart for parts by now. I guess they can still get Arrow mine train parts from S&S?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:17 am

I remember finding CCMR uncomfortable, but I just dismissed it as a "mine train thing" and didn't think about it much. I'm all for this improvement, though I agree that the Gemini trains could stand to be made a little more mine-y.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby rcdude » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:22 am

While I think the Gemini trains will look a bit odd (even if they are repainted), I am really glad they are getting something better for that ride. When I rode, I could barely fit in the car and it was horribly unconfortable. Because of that, Cedar Creek Mine Ride was my least favorite coaster at Cedar Point (yes, I even preferred Disaster Transport to it). Maybe these new trains will convince me to give it a second chance, although from what I remember it seemed like a fairly boring mine train to begin with.

For the record, I've never had a hard time fitting into any other non-kiddie coaster or any other Arrow mine train.
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Nitro, Apollo's Chariot, Maverick, Banshee
Top 5 Wood: Boulder Dash, El Toro, Thunderhead, Gold Striker, Lightning Racer
Top 3 Parks: Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Cedar Point
TPR Trips: IntimidaTour 2010, North East Trip 2011, LeviaTHON 2012, Mini Tours 2014 (New Hotness & East Coast)

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby DougMJr » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:18 am

I think it is a great idea. Hopefully the trains will get some TLC and a makeover to make them fit into the theme more. I think if they hire somebody clever to design and paint Gemini's trains it would be able to work its way into the theme.

PreviousNext