SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

P. 50 - Texas Stingray announced with full POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

Postby ALT2870 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:53 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:Taller than Iron Rattler and New Texas Giant? That means it'll have to be 180 feet tall at a bare minimum. That height coming from someone other than RMC is usually a sign of an extremely painful ride (Son Of Beast, anyone?). El Toro and Colossos are 181' and 164', respectively, but that's coming from Intamin's excellent plug and play system and even then we all know how bad Colossos got towards the huge refurb project.

If the advertising isn't a lie, then this will be a must-ride for the first few seasons, then quickly become another rough, "maybe if the line isn't too long" ride.

Um they said wooden coaster, not hybrid or steel. :P

I have some construction pics if anyone wants to see, trying to do a trip report but we know how that goes. (I still have one from the year Valravn opened. lol )

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:58 pm

I believe it's GCI as I've heard people say they've seen GCI marked stuff around the area of construction.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:15 pm

ALT2870 wrote:
KBrylczyk wrote:Taller than Iron Rattler and New Texas Giant? That means it'll have to be 180 feet tall at a bare minimum. That height coming from someone other than RMC is usually a sign of an extremely painful ride (Son Of Beast, anyone?). El Toro and Colossos are 181' and 164', respectively, but that's coming from Intamin's excellent plug and play system and even then we all know how bad Colossos got towards the huge refurb project.

If the advertising isn't a lie, then this will be a must-ride for the first few seasons, then quickly become another rough, "maybe if the line isn't too long" ride.

Um they said wooden coaster, not hybrid or steel. :P

KBrylczyk is Energylandia: CONFIRMED! ;)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:31 pm

I mean, I AM Polish...
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:38 am

^ :lol: :lol:
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby TexasParkman » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:10 am

I saw this Coaster in construction 2 weeks ago. Nice placement- looks fun-definitely looks like a GCI. It sure doesn't look more than 180 ft. high but looks can be deceiving. It should be a nice addition to the Park.

I visited this Park on a Saturday two weeks ago. It was a very hot August day. Right before school starts so I expected a large crowd. The crowd size was a minor annoyance. It is Texas in August so the heat was expected. What was not expected was the performance of the Park. My visit mostly sucked in many ways. The shows were good. The way Sea World handles crowds before and after shows sucks. Operations were very slow. Food stands were slow. The park ran out of ice at 3:00. Many stands had no ice and hope of more.... In August, in Texas. The excuse was "well it is a very busy day". OK, but didn't you expect a large crowd on a Saturday right before school starts? Not the fault of the Teens working the stands- this was a management issue. I did register a complaint to a manager. I was polite. He said he appreciated the feedback.

I will go back on a less crowded day and try them again. Visited Fiesta Texas on Sunday- completely different story. Jeffery Siebert must be awesome. I will report on that trip in the Fiesta Texas thread.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:33 am

TexasParkman wrote:It sure doesn't look more than 180 ft. high

The tallest woodie in Texas is only 97 feet so it only needs to be 98 feet tall to claim the title of "tallest."

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:04 am

TexasParkman wrote:I saw this Coaster in construction 2 weeks ago. Nice placement- looks fun-definitely looks like a GCI. It sure doesn't look more than 180 ft. high but looks can be deceiving. It should be a nice addition to the Park.

1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby TexasParkman » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:40 am

I wasn't thinking "Wooden" because of the metal bents....my bad.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:13 am

Looks like a great addition to the park!!!

Now the real question is.... How long until it gets RMCed? :devil:
Bigger is not always better.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!