Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:42 am

Loving that new color scheme!

Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:26 pm

So apparently this was announced. I haven't seen any details on their website nor have a received a press release about it yet...

https://twitter.com/seaworldtexas/status/1164235733793693697?s=21
Attachments
swt 1.jpg
swt 1.jpg (375.24 KiB) Viewed 3525 times
swt 2.jpg
swt 2.jpg (296.24 KiB) Viewed 3525 times
swt 3.jpg
swt 3.jpg (267.03 KiB) Viewed 3525 times
swt 4.jpg
swt 4.jpg (185.1 KiB) Viewed 3525 times
swt 5.jpg
swt 5.jpg (332.1 KiB) Viewed 3525 times
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:43 pm.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:33 pm

^ hmm. . I've got to get SeaWorld SA into my plans at some point in 2020. . . haven't been in decades at this point.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:17 pm

I've seen some photos online of the lift being erected already. I'm guessing it's Gravity Group judging by the (what I assume is) the straight first drop in that short POV and the metal support structure, but it'll be nice to get some more details from the park.

I was thinking this would be more of a smaller wood coaster like InvadR, but if it's the tallest wood coaster in Texas it needs to top Boardwalk Bullet (96 ft).

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:15 pm

Looks cool, the couple of seconds at the end of a Twitter video....yeah, they need better marketing than that if they plan on moving some tickets....

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:37 pm

Taller than Iron Rattler and New Texas Giant? That means it'll have to be 180 feet tall at a bare minimum. That height coming from someone other than RMC is usually a sign of an extremely painful ride (Son Of Beast, anyone?). El Toro and Colossos are 181' and 164', respectively, but that's coming from Intamin's excellent plug and play system and even then we all know how bad Colossos got towards the huge refurb project.

If the advertising isn't a lie, then this will be a must-ride for the first few seasons, then quickly become another rough, "maybe if the line isn't too long" ride.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:40 pm

Looks like it could be cool. I am really into this SEAS 2020 Coaster Blowout. An Intamin, a B&M, an RMC, assuming this a GCI or Gravity Group? And then a Premier/Intamin or whatever is going in @ SWO?? I'll tell ya its a great time to be a platinum passholder.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:44 pm

The hill has already been finished. It's maybe 100 ft and others said its a GCI based on the framework. There have been construction photos up on different sites.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:55 pm

boldikus wrote:Looks like it could be cool. I am really into this SEAS 2020 Coaster Blowout. An Intamin, a B&M, an RMC, assuming this a GCI or Gravity Group? And then a Premier/Intamin or whatever is going in @ SWO?? I'll tell ya its a great time to be a platinum passholder.

It's honestly insane to think that every SeaWorld park excluding Sesame Place is getting a new coaster next year. Pantheon at BGW, Mako at SWSD, Gwazi 2.0 at BGT, the Premier launch coaster at SWO, and now this? Blackfish who?

Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:11 pm

I've always loved the SEAS parks, and with this latest spending splurge, I can only love them more! I'm definitely excited about this addition for SWSA, and even though I sadly don't currently have any plans to get back down so San Antonio in the near future, I'll be glad to have this there whenever I do get back down there!
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS