SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

P. 50 - Texas Stingray announced with full POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

Postby hoppedup » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:28 pm

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:
No, for BGT and SWO, the websites were more clear, and they mentioned that Platinum benefits were only offered to the Florida parks for the Florida platinum pass (but you get free admission at the other parks). It was just wasn't that explicit for the San Antonio website. I was hoping that its just very rare for people to fly all the way to Texas just to scan in, so they were hoping people would. If there's no parking and guest passes for the FL parks, I may just pay the $360, because paying $25 a trip would get pretty expensive, and I like having the passes to encourage new people to come out with me.

I meant the difference between a FL resident buying a pass at BGT/SWO and a non-resident buying a pass from BGT/SWO.

Kinda pointless to keep speculating. I just shot them a quick email. I'll report back.
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:37 pm

hoppedup wrote:
No, for BGT and SWO, the websites were more clear, and they mentioned that Platinum benefits were only offered to the Florida parks for the Florida platinum pass (but you get free admission at the other parks). It was just wasn't that explicit for the San Antonio website. I was hoping that its just very rare for people to fly all the way to Texas just to scan in, so they were hoping people would. If there's no parking and guest passes for the FL parks, I may just pay the $360, because paying $25 a trip would get pretty expensive, and I like having the passes to encourage new people to come out with me.

I meant the difference between a FL resident buying a pass at BGT/SWO and a non-resident buying a pass from BGT/SWO.

Kinda pointless to keep speculating. I just shot them a quick email. I'll report back.

Smartest thing I've read from everybody all day. I appreciate the intel you're gathering for me from the email. I have until October to decide anyway, that's when my SWO/BGT silver expires.

Postby hoppedup » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:26 pm

Now, wasn't that easier? Another quick response. And a great answer!

2:28 PM (55 minutes ago)
Hi, Does my SeaWorld San Antonio platinum pass include parking at other parks (BGW/SWO/BGT) or only those in Texas? Thanks, Roger Glenn

SWT Guest Correspondence
3:22 PM (0 minutes ago)
to me

Dear Mr. Glenn,

Greetings from SeaWorld San Antonio!

The Platinum passes include free general parking at the other SeaWorld Parks and Preferred Parking (if available) at the San Antonio Park.

Have a Whale of a Day!

Sincerely,

Irma Apaez

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:57 am

hoppedup wrote:Now, wasn't that easier? Another quick response. And a great answer!

2:28 PM (55 minutes ago)
Hi, Does my SeaWorld San Antonio platinum pass include parking at other parks (BGW/SWO/BGT) or only those in Texas? Thanks, Roger Glenn

SWT Guest Correspondence
3:22 PM (0 minutes ago)
to me

Dear Mr. Glenn,

Greetings from SeaWorld San Antonio!

The Platinum passes include free general parking at the other SeaWorld Parks and Preferred Parking (if available) at the San Antonio Park.

Have a Whale of a Day!

Sincerely,

Irma Apaez

Well, it didn't quite answer all of the questions. But I'll call in at some point later as its getting closer to when my Silver SWO/BGT pass expires. I wanted to know if I can use the two bring a friend for free passes and six 50% off tickets, but that might be better served with a phone call. I like phone calls anyway, because if you get them talking, sometimes they tell you more useful information or start giving you stuff for free.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:24 pm

Well, it didn't quite answer all of the questions. But I'll call in at some point later as its getting closer to when my Silver SWO/BGT pass expires. I wanted to know if I can use the two bring a friend for free passes and six 50% off tickets, but that might be better served with a phone call. I like phone calls anyway, because if you get them talking, sometimes they tell you more useful information or start giving you stuff for free.

If you get the FL Platinum Pass, the free tickets and 50% off tickets are only usable at the FL parks. It's the same if you had a Platinum from SWSA which would only be good at that park. Parking and in-park discounts (food, merchandise, etc) are the main things included at every park. Most other perks are state/park specific.

https://seaworld.com/orlando/faq/current-pass-members/
SWO Free Guest Ticket Info.jpg
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:04 am

bgtlover wrote:

If you get the FL Platinum Pass, the free tickets and 50% off tickets are only usable at the FL parks. It's the same if you had a Platinum from SWSA which would only be good at that park. Parking and in-park discounts (food, merchandise, etc) are the main things included at every park. Most other perks are state/park specific.

https://seaworld.com/orlando/faq/current-pass-members/
SWO Free Guest Ticket Info.jpg

Thanks for the help buddy. I'm thinking it might just be worth the $360 to make sure I get my guest passes and preferred parking. The distance from general to the park for BGT is a beast!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:36 pm

Thanks for the help buddy. I'm thinking it might just be worth the $360 to make sure I get my guest passes and preferred parking. The distance from general to the park for BGT is a beast!

I used Preferred parking at BGT once in 2007. It was a lot closer to the gate then than it is now. It seems they doubled the handicap and added stroller parking as well since then. I usually just park as close to tram stop 1 (generally get there at opening) because it's less walking than from the preferred area. Just have to ride the tram. There are exceptions of course, but 9/10 end up near a tram stop when parking...lol
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:38 am

bgtlover wrote:

I used Preferred parking at BGT once in 2007. It was a lot closer to the gate then than it is now. It seems they doubled the handicap and added stroller parking as well since then. I usually just park as close to tram stop 1 (generally get there at opening) because it's less walking than from the preferred area. Just have to ride the tram. There are exceptions of course, but 9/10 end up near a tram stop when parking...lol

One thing I was trying to scout out was to see if BGT had any bike racks, or a place to chain my bike up where they wouldn't get pissed. I didn't see any bike racks on a scouting the last time I went -- but I would love to put my bike in my car, park in the general lot, and zoom by all the people waiting for trams and walking on my bike, chain it down, and stroll into the park.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:56 am

We get preferred parking at Busch Gardens since it's free with our pass but it's also not a perk we really care about at most parks. The park is massive and you spend the entire day walking so we honestly don't care if we have to walk a little further to and from the car. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal.

Obviously there are exceptions (like for people using a wheelchair), but I never understood why people look at walking 5-10 minutes from the park entrance to the car as a big issue when once they're inside the park they're probably going to walk like 6-10 miles throughout the course of the day.

I'm not trying to start an argument, I just want someone to explain the thought process here because I never understood it.

Postby hoppedup » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:54 am

^Agreed. I have never reserved the preferred parking we get with our Diamond SF memberships. At SFFT, we parked closer to the entrance than the preferred lot was. I think the longest walks we've done were SFOG and Dollywood, and they weren't bad at all. We even skipped the tram at Dollywood just to get more steps.

I did 11 miles walking at Cedar Point in one day. My daughter and I did 12.5 in one day on our Texas trip. I tend to arrive at the park well before opening and have never had an issue. I often park near the back of parking lots just to get more exercise.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!