SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

P. 50 - Texas Stingray announced with full POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

Postby ElvisLuv » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:24 am

larrygator wrote:With SEA struggling it is nice to see them allowing the passes to be valid even for those living outside of Texas. It they denied people it would cause them more bad PR since it is not explicitly stated on the website. It will be interesting to see if they allow out of state residents to continue to purchase the Texas Platinum pass at the discounted price (as they allowed 7-8 years ago) or if they change the verbiage on their website.

As I mentioned in the SWO thread a few weeks ago, I inquired in August about buying a 2019 pass/membership and Guest Relations informed me the low price was online for in-state residents.

Struggling? Past few quarters say otherwise but.......

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby hoppedup » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:01 am

My daughter is going to San Diego for spring break, so we are going to Texas next month to pick up our SW/BG passes so she can go to SWSD on that spring trip. We are going to do SFOT and SFFT as well. We are driving, so probably hitting OWA Foley and SFOG on the way back.

We are taking 8 days to do this so we will probably have time for a little sightseeing as well (Alamo, River Walk, ???).
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby DaMarkSta » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:15 pm

Riverwalk is a must if you have the time, and if possible I'd reccomend staying along the riverwalk. It's so nice to be able to go out drinking and have a nice albiet tipsy walk back along the river haha. Alamo is kinda you've seen it move on kinda thing haha but enjoy San Antonio its by far one of my favorite cities I've ever visited.

Postby hoppedup » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:05 pm

DaMarkSta wrote:Riverwalk is a must if you have the time, and if possible I'd reccomend staying along the riverwalk.

Thanks for the tip. I've already booked a room on the River Walk. Looking forward to adding Texas to my list of visited states.

Postby hoppedup » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:34 am

Any idea what kind of winds shut down the coasters here? Weather app says 21mph gusts, but it feels stronger than that.

I'm more concerned about SFFT this evening. Hopefully the winds die down.

BTW, after our first night in the hotel on the River Walk I cancelled our budget hotels in the burbs and splurged on the River Walk for two more nights. What a great town. Trip report coming next week.

Postby hoppedup » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:25 pm

Never mind. All coasters are closed at SWSA. Park is dead and winds are gusting 30+ mph. May have to add a day to this trip.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:38 pm

Six Flags Fiesta Texas has the most ridiculous wind policy I've ever encountered at any park in my entire life.

Cedar Point wishes that they could have such an insane wind policy. :lol:

Postby hoppedup » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:42 pm

coasterbill wrote:Six Flags Fiesta Texas has the most ridiculous wind policy I've ever encountered at any park in my entire life.

That's what I'm afraid of. Winds should die down this evening. We can come back to SWSA tomorrow at 1, but SFFT doesn't open until 5. That throws a monkey wrench in the travel plans if we can't ride coasters tonight.

On the bright side, we've had two great days being tourists in San Antonio and my daughter already wants to come back.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:38 pm

Keep an eye on the app and (assuming you're whoring), make Pandemonium and Iron Rattler major priorities if you actually see them running. If you're not whoring then obviously Pandemonium is skippable.

As for San Antonio... yeah, it's an amazing city. We loved it there. The Riverwalk is insane.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:42 pm

Isn't Superman open for HITP now as well? If so, that's another one I could see closing due to winds being next to the quarry wall. I also know that one has a lower temperature thershold too if the temperatures dip later.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!