Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: Donomike05, KICoasterkev, Mike240SX and 29 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby sandiego28 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:28 am

They couldn’t even expand a walk way with this addition? Seriously?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:32 am

The Darien Lake thread gets all of the attention but the Valleyfair thread is really where it's at.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:18 am

Pretty much what everyone expected with no signs of construction. I am not disappointed at all PROVIDED ….that next year the park expands the water park or adds a nice attraction in the Dino’s area. If they don’t then I will not be visiting the park until they do, just like a lot of the Facebook/Twitter posts that are being added to the VF pages today. I had two friends dump their passes this year for that reason and they don’t regret it at all. They will be back next year with me for the KI Giga, but after that I will be joining them if nothing happens for VF. Too bad Herschend doesn’t own VF, that group seems to know how to grow their parks.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mike240SX » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:46 am

RCjunkie wrote:Too bad Herschend doesn’t own VF, that group seems to know how to grow their parks.

Can't tell if serious or not...

Aside from Dollywood, their parks don't seem to have been doing much in the past 15 years.

Dollywood
-Added a bunch of flats and a kiddie coaster in 2019.
-Added a flat and kiddie coaster in 2017
-Added a coaster in 2016
-Added a flat in 2011
-Added a bunch of flats in 2005

Silver Dollar City
-Added coasters in 2018, 2013, 2006, and 2001
-Renovated rapids ride in 2020
-Added flats sporadically over the past 15 years

Wild Adventures (owned since 2007)
-Removed two kiddie coasters
-Added and removed a traveling fair roller coaster
-Removed Mystery Mine
-Added 2 flats in 2010
-Added 2 flat in 2013
-Added 1 flat in 2015
-Nothing since
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby WOF_Fan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:05 pm

Mike240SX wrote:
Silver Dollar City
-Added coasters in 2018, 2013, 2006, and 2001
-Renovated rapids ride in 2020
-Added flats sporadically over the past 15 years

Renovated rapids ride in 2020? It is a whole new rapids ride and area costing $27 million. Just two years after adding Time Traveler that cost $26 million. But yeah, they haven't been doing much.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:10 pm

^^Wild Eagle? Firechaser Express? In 2012 and 2014, respectively. Don't leave out major coaster additions to exaggerate your point!

This announcement is exactly what I expected. Valleyfair's time will come. Weren't they named by Cedar Fair as one of their "growth parks" with lots of potential? Like Carowinds and CGA?
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:01 pm

garyman6 wrote:I wasn't expecting a coaster and I was expecting a Carnivale but I was also expecting something in addition to a parade!

It's not just a parade. You'll also be able to buy bad, overpriced beer and mediocre food served two hours after the event starts!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:20 pm

Mike240SX wrote:
RCjunkie wrote:Too bad Herschend doesn’t own VF, that group seems to know how to grow their parks.

Can't tell if serious or not...

Seriously.

WOF_Fan wrote:Renovated rapids ride in 2020? It is a whole new rapids ride and area costing $27 million. Just two years after adding Time Traveler that cost $26 million. But yeah, they haven't been doing much.

Exactly. If CF invested even half of that amount in 5 years (vs. 3 years) into VF the locals would be ecstatic and the park would have a new coaster and other attractions.

thrillseeker4552 wrote:^^Wild Eagle? Firechaser Express? In 2012 and 2014, respectively. Don't leave out major coaster additions to exaggerate your point!

No kidding. Just leave out a $20 million B&M winged coaster and Firechaser Express with that entire area, no big deal. Either of those two rides would be HUGE hits at VF.

At one time VF was equal to or a little bigger than both these parks. But after the investments over the last 10 years both parks have grown bigger and became better than VF. Some of that is due to the area they are located in but investment in new attractions is the underlining factor. After the Paramount acquisition CF really cut down their investments in WOF, VF and MiA vs. their other parks to tackle the debt it took to acquire them. That was 11 years ago.

In the 2013 annual report this is what was said, "The chain sees three parks as having room for significant growth, Carowinds, Valleyfair, and California's Great America." 7 years later the park is still not seeing it. Maybe 2021 will be the year.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby garyman6 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:22 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
garyman6 wrote:I wasn't expecting a coaster and I was expecting a Carnivale but I was also expecting something in addition to a parade!

It's not just a parade. You'll also be able to buy bad, overpriced beer and mediocre food served two hours after the event starts!

OH! Well now that you put it that way!!....................Nope, No, I tried. Still sarcastic as ever!! Thanks for effort though! :lmao: In the end, it's just a traveling circus. Maybe they will use the train tracks, that are located right next to where the new parking lot and employee entrance is, to bring in all the floats and lights and STUFF. You know, right by the expanded water park and new entra........Oh, wait! HaHa, my bad! That hasn't been done yet but hey, it's only gonna be 3 years in 2020 since they got that approval. Yes, I know, it's dripping with sarcasm!!

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby garyman6 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:23 pm

At one time VF was equal to or a little bigger than both these parks. But after the investments over the last 10 years both parks have grown bigger and became better than VF. Some of that is due to the area they are located in but investment in new attractions is the underlining factor. After the Paramount acquisition CF really cut down their investments in WOF, VF and MiA vs. their other parks to tackle the debt it took to acquire them. That was 11 years ago.

In the 2013 annual report this is what was said, "The chain sees three parks as having room for significant growth, Carowinds, Valleyfair, and California's Great America." 7 years later the park is still not seeing it. Maybe 2021 will be the year.[/quote]

:nina:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!