Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby andy232221 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:17 am

It's definitely not. They just did that because it's a cool picture. And the Trex was the king of the dinosaurs so they chose the most meanacing one

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby RollerColester » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:51 am

Great imagination, but I highly doubt it!!

Personally, not expecting much for 2020. Could see something as minimal as adding like a Grand Carnival festival and a nice sit-down restaurant. 2020 may be a dud, especially if they have some semi-major plans for the dino's lot for 2021 (which I would hope they do). At least make it a custom Raptor if a B&M is out of the question..
Valleyfair realist since 2001

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:54 pm

https://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/p_353_9269_vidampark_t-rex

This T-Rex tried to kill me a few years ago.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:47 am

We should find out within the next 45 days if VF is getting any new attractions for 2020. I don't think anything is coming which is fine with me provided something arrives in 2021. The park will now have a sizable plot of land in a prominent location at the front of the park which will now be vacant due to the announced leaving of the Dino's after October this year. The park also has an approved construction plan at local and state level to move wetlands to create a new parking lot and a water park expansion at the back of the park according to the plans. If something doesn't come in 2021 to occupy one of these two area's (especially with the new mega water park being built at Mall of America now) then CF should just probably order a new entry sign for the park that reads 'Michigan Adventure West'. :lol:

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby RollerColester » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:14 am

RCjunkie wrote: We should find out within the next 45 days if VF is getting any new attractions for 2020.

I think we'll know by this time next week.. ;)

RCjunkie wrote: CF should just probably order a new entry sign for the park that reads 'Michigan Adventure West'. :lol:

Let's not get carried away here. We have gotten 2 new thrill rides the last 3 years..

If the water park entrance project does come to reality, I wonder if Cedar Fair would re-theme the water park again using their new "Shores" branding. "Minnesota Shores" Maybe something with more of a lake theme. "10,000 Shores" "Lakeside Shores" "South Metro Shores" That's all I got.. :lol:
Valleyfair realist since 2001

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:46 pm

At this point, I think the park would be lucky to get Grand Carnivale and the Monster Jam thing in the Dinos plot (if CF still has that license).
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Carowinds

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Toaster Bot » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:03 am

I'm guessing the park will do something with the land riptide used to occupy for 2020. I could see a small flat ride or new dining location being added. I think the water park expansion will most likely happen in 2021 or 2022.
Favorite Wood: Renegade
Favorite Steel: Bizzaro (SFNE)

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Toaster Bot » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:10 pm

Valleyfair recently announced two new scare zones

Blood on the Boundary Waters:
Wander through the five decaying late 1800’s cabins at the boundary waters… if you dare! Each cabin speaks of dark secrets and horrible deeds performed by a unique homeowner who will be waiting anxiously for your arrival. Choose the cabin of the lumberjack, who has fallen under the spell of a demon, and discover dank and mysterious smells as they infiltrate your nostrils, and sharp blades and saws threaten you at every turn, covered in, what appears to be, fresh blood. Or enter the cabin belonging to the taxidermist who no longer limits his kills to that of beavers, squirrels, and foxes. His tastes for prey have gotten larger and more profitable. Better watch your back - those who venture too close to these cabins have heard their ghostly footsteps!

The second scare zone is called "Darkness Awaits" and is just described as "Darkness Awaits – enter at your own risk…"
Favorite Wood: Renegade
Favorite Steel: Bizzaro (SFNE)

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby andy232221 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:29 pm

Yeessss those are going to be fun to work in. also blood on the boundary Waters is gonna be a major investment.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CoasterNerd87 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:41 am

RCjunkie wrote:We should find out within the next 45 days if VF is getting any new attractions for 2020.

Kings Island and Kings Dominion both have announcements Thursday. I would venture to guess that Cedar Fair will do all announcements then.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!