Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterBrit » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:40 pm

Yup. <mic drop>

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:34 pm

coasterbill wrote:Obviously this list isn’t very good but I don’t know... if someone walked up to me and told me that their favorite thrill ride in Minnesota was Avatar Airbender I could totally see it. Honestly if I were to ask Brit what her favorite ride in Minnesota was (besides Log Chute which isn’t a thrill ride so it wouldn’t be on this list) I would almost bet money that she would say Avatar Airbender. That ride is great.

How dare you go against Delirious, the 2018 USA Today 3rd place contender for best new ride.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:36 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Obviously this list isn’t very good but I don’t know... if someone walked up to me and told me that their favorite thrill ride in Minnesota was Avatar Airbender I could totally see it. Honestly if I were to ask Brit what her favorite ride in Minnesota was (besides Log Chute which isn’t a thrill ride so it wouldn’t be on this list) I would almost bet money that she would say Avatar Airbender. That ride is great.

How dare you go against Delirious, the 2018 USA Today 3rd place contender for best new ride.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Mdcastle » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:41 am

Couple of thoughts for this year:

* The way they've spruced up Planet Snoopy is nice, but are the Peanuts character relevant for kids nowadays? The last comic strip was before they were born.

* Seems to be issues with the food service with slow and bad service, serving different items then on the web site, and malfunctioning menu boards. This seem to be slowly improving.

* There's a nice large seating area at Coasters and the Red Garter Saloon where you can get out of the elements for a bit. Another one or two more towards the front and right side of the park would be nice. Do they really need two duplicate gifts shops at the entrance? If not the one shared with Starbucks could be additional seating, and maybe they could rebuild another one, perhaps Panda Express, in part of the Dino Graveyard while still leaving room for what everyone here wants.

* North Star seems to be having a lot of issues.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:44 am

Dropped by VF last Friday for a couple laps since I had not visited the park since opening weekend. I finally saw the Peanuts celebration set up and I now get the joke, hopefully it works out for the park. I took some quick pictures on my phone of what the park did for this to share. The concept is modeled a little like the Brew and BBQ at CP. You buy tickets for food and drink and there are booth’s placed near and around Camp Snoopy. So while your riding rides or watching the new Peanuts shows, kids and parents now have new food and drink options conveniently close by.
IMG_0692.jpg
Here is the updated welcome to Valleyfair entry sign right after you get in the gates.
IMG_0706.jpg
Then right next to the entry sign is a post explaining how Charles Schultz was born and raised in St. Paul, MN and wrote/released his first Peanuts comic here.
IMG_0693.jpg
Snoopy and Woodstock. Talked to the DIppin’ Dots guy just behind Snoop. Asked him what new attractions VF was getting next year and he said, “Nothing, now that CF bought some new waterparks.” I believe him.
IMG_0694.jpg
Charlie.
IMG_0695.jpg
Snoop and his balloons in front of the soon to be extinct Dino’s.
IMG_0696.jpg
They have a few of these set up with different characters where you can take pictures with/in them.
IMG_0698.jpg
A well played theme here. The Kite Eating Tree. Too easy, yet perfect.
IMG_0700.jpg
A shot of the new Peanuts performance stage. Corkscrew loading station in the back right to give you an idea where this is. A shade cover over the audience would be a nice post addition next year.
IMG_0701.jpg
Here is one of the food/beverage booth’s. They have a dozen of them. This one is for ‘Not so Spicy Enchalda’s’ and ‘Joe’s Swedish Meatballs’. Also a different comic in every booth.
IMG_0703.jpg
Organic Green Snoopy. They also have one of Charlie Brown just as you walk in the park under the arch. I just forgot to take a picture of it.
IMG_0704.jpg
VF’s 2019 New Hotness! …..The new Coke/ICEE Refill Station on the back side of the Breaker’s slides.
IMG_0705.jpg
I hit High Roller, Renegade (2), Wild Thing and Steel Venom and as usual could not get on Excalibur before noon. Are there any other parks that do not open a roller coaster at rope drop if it is operational? Oh well, at least the Dino’s are leaving so that is progress.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby andy232221 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:30 am

I have noticed exclibur opens and closes 2 hours after the park opens
And 2 hours before it closes

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:31 am

^ Seriously? Excalibur is closed 1/3 of a normal operating day everyday? And despite reduced operating time it still does not attract enough riders for a full train. I guess this is what it takes to make sense to run that coaster. Come on CF, time to move on and come up with a replacement.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby andy232221 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:54 am

It has been running full trains sometimes this year.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Lightning Rod » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:31 pm

Earlier in the year Excalibur and Thunder Canyon opened at 11am I believe towards the end of June I noticed they started to closed two hours early I heard from a Renegade team lead it had to do with cutting back on budget. Now the back of the park is open noon till roughly 8pm closes two hours early every day now I don’t think it has to do with empty trains on Excalibur because I’ve also seen Renegade running two trains almost empty sometimes more so has to do with budget.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby RollerColester » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:25 am

I've been to the park almost every weekend so far this year. Mostly Sundays, but crowds seem to be average at best compared to past years. One train waits on everything except Renegade until peak afternoon 2-3pm.

Most popular rides are the park are easily Renegade, North Star, and Xtreme Swing. Those lines are consistently the longest each visit.

Blue Power Tower is back up. Looks like it received a new cart and some new seat cushions.

No sign of activity in the park of the park as far as construction goes.

The park seriously needs something new in the games midway. Been said before, but a Raptor/Sky Rocket II would be perfect there and be a cost effective filler before the waterpark expansion or a larger coaster in place of the dinos. That midway is always dead while the Corkscrew/Monster/Ferris Wheel midway is always packed with people hanging out.

I'd be curious to see how the Peanuts Celebration affected attendance. I never really noticed Planet Snoopy any busier than usual during those weekends and we have a 4 and 2 year old, so we spend a majority of our visit there.
Valleyfair realist since 2001

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!