Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Prettyslr » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:06 pm

As a first time visitor, I was surprised at how small it was. Anyway, I was relaxing on one of the lounge chairs in soak city when I saw the Wild Thing get stuck due to a power outage. I also watched the very talented Life Guard Ladies of Soak City in their rendition of silent dance in the form of the Cupid Shuffle followed by the Macarena. Even though the park closed early, I managed to do everything I wanted, so all in all, a very good day for me. Maybe not so much for the poor people who were stuck on the ferris wheel or had to climb nearly 200 ft. down the stairs of Wild Thing.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby HighRoller » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:20 pm

GigaG wrote:I read the park had to get special permission for Wild Thing and Power Tower, but I'm sure if they could get permission for Power Tower, they can get permission for a slightly shrunken Windseeker.

The special permission that you recall is correct. It is due to the fact that the park is directly in the approach path for the Flying Cloud Airport runway 36 (north of the river, for the GoogleEarth gurus amongst you). Any Windseeker would need to be more than slightly shrunken, as Wild Thing was decreed to be the tallest thing they would be allowed to build, when they asked for FAA permission for it.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby ValleyfairFan » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:13 pm

^ You know except for Power Tower which is about 70 feet taller than Wild Thing. If the park wanted to move Power Tower closer to say the Go-Karts or Excalibur they could have gone taller, but if you ever go to Flying Cloud you can see that Power Tower is in pretty much the exact line as one of the runways. They can go taller as long as it's not in the middle of the park.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Topdrag » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:45 am

^This is correct but those areas also do have their own height restriction but from what I understand It’s over 350ft that the restriction is since the restriction tapers up as it goes away from the direct flight path.

Postby ValleyfairFan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:23 am

^Yep, plenty of room (height wise anyway)

Postby Topdrag » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:03 am

And soon there will be plenty of room over in the Mini Golf and Track area as those to attractions will be removed. There is just to much land over there to not do something large in the next few years.

Postby ValleyfairFan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:56 am

^I have a sneaking suspicion that there's already plans in the works to re purpose that area which doesn't include a coaster.

Postby Topdrag » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:14 pm

Yeah from the rumblings I have heard the new GM wants to make it into Picnic Grounds. I can’t see a coaster going in that area anyways since you got Steel Venom in the way as well as Wild Thing.

Oh and as of yesterday (Sunday Aug 26th) Antique Autos is officially closed forever….

Hello Dinosaurs Alive!
Last edited by Topdrag on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:52 am.

Postby ValleyfairFan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:28 am

^The dumplings? I've heard of the Lemon Chill Guy, but I didn't know different parts of Asian cuisine was handing out insights as well. ;) Oh, well. You learn something new everyday

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Coaster Curt » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:53 am

Antique Autos is really the only (and best) place to put the Dino's exhibit, not that I like the idea but at least the park is getting something new. Maybe just maybe the Dino's Alive will bring enough people and cash into the park that Cedar Fair goes ahead and builds a new coaster, but I live in the real world and know a new coaster isn't going to come to VF anytime soon.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!