Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby triggernel » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:49 pm

ImmelMatt wrote:That giant vacant area on the left walking towards Steel Venom that is only being used for part of Wild Thing's turnaround?

A smaller sized Windseeker would fit amazingly there.

It would fit well, but I don't see how that would help round out the park.

Inside Wild Things turnaround would be a better fit anyways.
Snoochie Boochie

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby ImmelMatt » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:08 pm

triggernel wrote:
ImmelMatt wrote:That giant vacant area on the left walking towards Steel Venom that is only being used for part of Wild Thing's turnaround?

That's what I meant ;)

It's a very well-rounded park already though. Great kids area, a solid blend of modern and older flats. Really, the only thing that would make it better is if they could get a multi-looper in there, possibly where Excalibur is. I mean, it's a really interesting ride for the fact that its only one of two like it, but its also really boring and taking up a lot of room that could go towards something much better.
Something clever or funny should go here.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby hulahoop1 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:32 pm

In Excalibur's spot they could put a Intamin Blitz Coaster similiar to Maverick, even it could have the twisted horseshoe roll and maybe one or two more inversion, Valleyfair! is a very good overall park, good selection of roller coasters but it needs to take out Excalibur and put in something way better. Just my take on it.

Postby triggernel » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:56 pm

Guys, it would be a much better investment to remove the mini golf which is closed and condemned, the go-karts, and the never used amphitheater. This is a much better plot of land, more central in the park, and visible from outside the park.
Screen Shot 2012-05-16 at 7.18.08 PM.png
Snoochie Boochie

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Topdrag » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:47 pm

^That is where Dinosaurs Alive will be going so no major coaster will go there. Believe me during CoasterCraze we spotted the blue prints since they had them out in a room and were working on them while we were getting a tour of the physical plant. So Dinosaurs Alive in confirmed for 2012.

Oh I should also add that a rumor is starting to go around about Excalibur and Thunder Canyons days are numbered for a major Soak City expansion. Though I am not sure on when this would be and if it will be a multi year expansion.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby GigaG » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:10 pm

triggernel wrote:

I read the park had to get special permission for Wild Thing and Power Tower, but I'm sure if they could get permission for Power Tower, they can get permission for a slightly shrunken Windseeker.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Coaster Curt » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:27 pm

Dinosaurs Alive is actually coming to the park? I have young kids and won't waste my money on that lame ass attraction.

Postby triggernel » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:40 pm

Topdrag wrote:^That is where Dinosaurs Alive will be going so no major coaster will go there. Believe me during CoasterCraze we spotted the blue prints since they had them out in a room and were working on them while we were getting a tour of the physical plant. So Dinosaurs Alive in confirmed for 2012.

Hey there dude! Last time I checked the Dino Party wasn't going into the Go-Kart spot, but rather into Antique Autos. As I'm sure you're aware this spot has some actual differences in terrain and enough shrubbery to get the blood flowing. Don't know how scary Rexy would be in the middle of an open field. Look for Picnic Cove to be changed around a bit for next year as well...
Snoochie Boochie

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Coaster Curt » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:45 pm

So is antique autos getting removed for the Dino's? It actually makes sense to put the Dinos under the trees.

Postby triggernel » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:25 pm

That's where bolts in the ground have been spotted, and where management has been seen surveying. It has been all but confirmed that Autos are on their way out. Don't look for the Go-Karts to last that much longer either though.
Snoochie Boochie

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!