Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Everybody likes an S&S!

Postby Thrillrider15 » Sun May 21, 2006 7:21 pm

No dude, it isn't. I just got off talking to one of my friends who went to Valleyfair! today, and he said what the news said. So no. I don't think the news is lying.

I looked up to The Wild Thing.....from the ground. Only why were people running away? I would have videotaped the whole thing. I don't care, I'm going to ride The Wild Thing a million times after it opens again (I'm going to guess it'll be another couple of months before it opens again).

I have just heard that yesterday, that they were having problems yesterday with The Wild Thing as well. The computerized safety sensors shut it down twice, but found no problems. They also checked the ride at 2:43 P.M., an hour and a half, before the ride crashed.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun May 21, 2006 7:45 pm

[quote="CP_RULES now I cant go ride Wild Thing, which I'm sure will be just as awesome as MAMBA. Now do you understand?[/quote]

I didn't mean to single you out. However, with a statement like above my answer is NO I don't understand. you seen to be concerned more about yourself

My That's A Big Drink!

Postby rollermonkey » Sun May 21, 2006 8:28 pm

Jeezus Juice wrote:So the ride finally got some airtime then? :lolr:
What? Too soon?

-Don

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
9/11 reference!
Whee!

OK Sorry about that.

Terrible tragedy.

If they were having problems the night before, it sounds like the inevitible lawsuit will have teeth.

For the 6th car to derail as thoroughly as it did, and partially derail the 5th car, is pretty catastrophic failure of the train. Are these trailered trains? If so, then it's just really bad. If not, then it's even worse!

I have to agree that all the Morgan 'hypers' need a good examination before operating tomorrow, if even that soon. X-ray those trains, before something worse happens.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby CedarPoint420 » Sun May 21, 2006 8:53 pm

Figures,Steel Force was just closed the last 2 weeks with a broken lift chain, it finally opens and now this happens.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Freefallbestrideever » Sun May 21, 2006 9:58 pm

That's crazy, atleast they should be happy it happened at the end of the ride :wtf: I'll still ride a morgan hyper one day :lmao: maybe a little nervous in the back seat though...

Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Sun May 21, 2006 10:33 pm

Man... I feel really bad for the people involved...

That is an incredible failure. That level of failure shouldn't happen. I don't know it seems that the Morgan trains have a serious problem.

I'm just amazed because it really looks like the final car managed to lose the full wheel assembly(were the bogies left behind?). How is that even possible? It really seems like anything that would have caused a catastrophic failure like that should have been picked up.

BTW does anyone know how Morgan trains are arranged? It doesn't look to be trailered. It looks like they are independent... Is that correct? That would mean 3 bogies at least... Scary indeed.

Look! It's something so dark I can't make it out!

Postby DailyBugle_JL » Sun May 21, 2006 10:50 pm

Does this mean they all have the ability to just randomly fail. I guess i wont be riding any morgan hypers any time soon, not that im a get a chance to in the near future. I hope all those people heal up all nice and good to ride a coaster another day.

I like to ride Shakira...oh, and SheiKra Too!

Postby KrazyT » Sun May 21, 2006 10:59 pm

This sucks! i was looking forward to riding it during my visit up there in july. I hope it opens by then.... but the chances of that happening are very slim.

Idiot.

Postby Jeezus Juice » Sun May 21, 2006 11:16 pm

I think we are all forgetting the most important thing. If that was someone's first ride on Wild Thing and it derailed, would it still count as a credit?

I mean, you didn't REALLY ride a full circuit...hello...anybody...

/Crawling back into my hole

-Don

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun May 21, 2006 11:28 pm

^Jeff would count it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!