Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby CedarPoint420 » Sun May 21, 2006 5:43 pm

One morgan car holds 6 passengers. So I'm wondering how if one car derailed and the rest of the train continued into the breakrun. Then how were 17 people injured?

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby the_rock401 » Sun May 21, 2006 5:53 pm

Holy cats. The whole undercarriage came apart.

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Postby CP_RULES » Sun May 21, 2006 6:04 pm

larrygator wrote:
CP_RULES wrote:This sucks because I love Morgan rides!

Can people think before they post? THIS SUCKS BECASUE PEOPLE GOT HURT, not because someone likes Morgan coasters.

I'm sorry but not everything in life needs a joke a accompany it!

I think you read that wrong, yes, it does suck that people got hurt. BUT, I was saying that is also sucks because I really love Morgan rides and they are having all of these problems. Along with that, now I cant go ride Wild Thing, which I'm sure will be just as awesome as MAMBA. Now do you understand?
-Justin Seabaugh -Official Brake Fanboy
M-I-Z-Z-O-U ENGINEERING Go Tigers!

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby cwsr » Sun May 21, 2006 6:08 pm

Here are some more photo's of the accident.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S16429.html?cat=1

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby guitarplayer » Sun May 21, 2006 6:10 pm

CedarPoint420 wrote:One morgan car holds 6 passengers. So I'm wondering how if one car derailed and the rest of the train continued into the breakrun. Then how were 17 people injured?

Two cars actually derailed, only the back one came off the rest of the train though. I'm not sure how they other 5 people could have gotten hurt though.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby the_rock401 » Sun May 21, 2006 6:11 pm

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article ... yid=125295

Current recap of stuff, posted on KARE11.com at 7:15 PM CDT.

Everybody likes an S&S!

Postby Thrillrider15 » Sun May 21, 2006 6:11 pm

OMFG!!!!!!!!! :shockr: I just saw a preview of it on t.v., and ran here as quickly as possible! But no! Somebody beat me here! This is horrible! I guess The Wild Thing will be closed for quite awhile now.

This just makes me cry. :cry:

Enka rocks

Postby apollo210 » Sun May 21, 2006 6:25 pm

I think that in the thrid car, the people got yanked back and got minor neck or back injurys
-Stephen
Coaster Count= 28

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby CD » Sun May 21, 2006 6:55 pm

:wtf: :cry: :cry: WOW, that sucks! Poor Wild Thing, I really like this ride but I don't know if I will ever be able to sit in the back seat again. I hope that it is running when I take my trip in a month (I doubt it though).

Idiot.

Postby Jeezus Juice » Sun May 21, 2006 6:56 pm

Well, it doesn't really looks that bad. If the car had become detached from the bogies and fell off the brake run though, that could have been tragic.

So only 11 of the 17 were hospitalized or just not released right away? Unless somebody had a severe fracture or massive internal injuries I can't see why they'd be hospitalized.

Could this have been a misaligned brake or did a wheel fall off binding the bogey assembly? Most likely the news will not report what actually happened and we'll have to wait for the DOSH report.

Do they have DOSH in Minnesota? Or is it called MOSH?! :lolr:

-Don

edit

Nicole Triplett, 20, of Apple Valley, was in the first row of the back car with her boyfriend when it happened, and said she must have passed out.

"I remember waking up and looking at him and the other cart," she said.

OMG, come on.

But Triplett said she's had enough.

"I will never go on a ride ever again in my life," she vowed.

Good, make sure you board up the windows in your house and crawl under your bed and await judgement day. Another Morgan chucked a wheel so the end is nigh upon us!

So 18 were involved, 4 of which denied treatment on the spot, with the rest having no major injuries, fractures, or anything.

Sounds like the train came back dragging the last car which caught a brake due to it's misalignment and stopped the train rather abruptly. This would explain the broken wheel assembly. A look at an areial shot shows the brakes to be inline.

At least the waterpark is far away from the coaster so no one was hit by flying Morgan debris!

-Don

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!