Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby VF15 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:20 pm

Coaster Bro wrote:https://www.valleyfair.com/explore/calendar-and-hours Hmmmmm, December 2020 listed on the calendar!? wonder what that could be (Winterfest maybe)

They've removed November and December from the hours page so I'm guessing it was just a mistake. Didn't expect Winterfest this year anyway as all the other Cedar Fair parks announced Winterfest a year in advance.

Also noticed on the calendar that Closing Day is on a Saturday this year instead of the usual Sunday, wonder why that is?

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Mike240SX » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:50 pm

No idea. Kings Dominion did the same thing last year.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:26 pm

The 2020 Passholder Preview Day has been scheduled for Sunday, May 10th, 11am to 6pm.
https://www.valleyfair.com/play/events/season-pass-preview-night

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Donomike05 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:29 pm

Any update on Dinos?

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby RCjunkie » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:33 am

Just checking the City of Shakopee for new building permits and VF has 3 new ones for buildings in addition to the one I posted about last year for a remodel. So the good news is they are at least doing something in a year where the park will get no new rides. The bad news is they have no description in the permits as to what buildings are. Below are the 4 big permits with them accompanied by their dollar value plus more for electrical and plumbing associated with all of them which amounts to about a million dollars total. So does anyone know what these building are? A remodel of back offices? New food buildings? Newly remodeled haunts maybe?

Remodel/Alteration Commercial building - $415,000
Commercial Building addition -$125,000
Commercial Building New (1) - $75,000
Commercial Building New - (2) $75,000

^
And no, I do not know what is going on with the Dino's because I have not been by the park lately. Assume they are removing them since they said they were leaving after last year. Next time someone drives by see if you can still see the T-Rex looking over the fence by the ticket booth.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Lightning Rod » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:46 am

I drove by this week and I didn’t see T. rex from the highway it looks like it was removed. Did any more rest rooms get remodeled during the off season and was there any work on High Roller far as re painting or re tracking?

Also anyone going to season pass preview day you have to use your season pass to register this year I don’t remember having to register for season pass preview day and spaces are limited.
Last edited by Lightning Rod on Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:34 am.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby valleyfairfanatic » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:03 pm

It will be interesting to see if the park opens on time because of corona.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby garyman6 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:55 am

Let's hope so! Having a mid May opening date is a plus!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby RCjunkie » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:00 pm

Just another little construction update. Added this week was another COMMERCIAL BUILDING ADDITION work permit for another $80,000 (no details again). Also a work permit for PLUMING REPLACEMENT valued at $14,000 for the 'Corn Cart' over by the theater. Only at VF will you see a work permit description like that. Be green with envy you other CF parks. :lol:

Here is the updated list of new or additions to buildings that VF has work permits for 2020. Hope one or two are new food places. Could any of this be involved with the repurposing of the Dino entrance or buildings?

Remodel/Alteration Commercial building - $415,000
Commercial Building Addition -$125,000
Commercial Building New (1) - $75,000
Commercial Building New (2) - $75,000
Commercial Building Addition - $80,000

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Coaster Bro » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:52 pm

valleyfairfanatic wrote:It will be interesting to see if the park opens on time because of corona.

As of now It looks like they will be opening on the scheduled date as of now
https://www.valleyfair.com/park-update
Who know if they will be actually able to open by then though, maybe this is just a strategy to keep all of the Karens from complaining.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!