Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby RCjunkie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:59 pm

^ If you want to get technical VF only has eight roller coasters, they list Northern Lights and the new Delirious as 'Family Thrill Rides'. But I hear you, VF is not getting multiple coasters over the next 3 years.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:44 pm

IMG_5938.JPG

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:10 pm

I didn't actually expect to see anything this year so this is a pleasant surprise! I'm actually most excited about seeing the lights over that whole pathway back to Steel Venom, that's going to look so great at night!

As for Delirious, I'm not sure it'll be my cup of tea, but I'll definitely be trying it out when it opens and maybe it'll surprise me again.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:28 pm

With my season at the park now over, it's time for me to head back to school. But before I do, I wanted to post the best pictures of the park I took in the time I had while not making you all scream on Power Tower.
Corkscrew 17.JPG
Note to Self: get this shot again without the Extreme Swing arms in the way.

Corkscrew 20.JPG
LOOP-DEE-LOOP

Corkscrew 21.JPG

Corkscrew 22.JPG
Corkscrewed!

Corkscrew 26.JPG
Over the cork pond!

Corkscrew 29.JPG
Looking up

Corkscrew 3.JPG

Corkscrew 30.JPG
Must get this shot with better light...

Corkscrew 5.JPG

North Star 2.JPG
New Hotness

North Star 5.JPG

Park 10.JPG
New Hotness saves the clock tower!

Park 5.JPG
Must get this shot with the Power Tower cart while the Corkscrew train goes through the loop...

Power Tower 3.JPG

Renegade 2.JPG
Hold the wife and hide the youngins...

Renegade 3.JPG
Cause the Renegade's a-runnin'!

Steel Venom 4.JPG
The holding break AKA: The Nut Cracker

Wild Thing 3.JPG
Found that shot you always see of Wild Thing in the commercials

Wild Thing 4.JPG

Wild Thing 7.JPG
Until we meet again, scream on!
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Branson Ft. Silver Dollar City

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Running_Buddy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:19 am

While at a promotional event this weekend I got the OK from Todd, one of the heads of Valleyscare, to share information on what's going on at Valleyscare this Fall. NO SPOILERS below. Just basic info about themes/costumes/locations/names.

SCARE ZONES:
Trails End: Still in the same spot by Renegade. New costumes this year.

Carnevil: In the same zone as last year. Costumes are amazing. White suits with spatters of blood. Lots of prosthetics and masks used this year instead of face makeup.

Blood Creek Cemetery: Same zone as last year.

MAZES:
Zombie High: Same spot, 90's Theme this year

Chateau: Same spot, same theme

Mr. Cleaver: Same spot, same theme

Humane Habitat: Same spot, same theme

*NEW* Beserkers Unleashed: Gone are the theatrics! This will be a traditional walk through attraction with jump scares. It's using the same location but will be a single path. Should be a huge improvement.

*NEW* Dark Harvest: This is replacing Hellside Farm! The maze will be moving to the woods behind Beserkers and Humane Habitat. They already have the area all paved. The farm theme will remain the same, but the maze will be larger, more twisted and in a nice, dark isolated location. Should be the highlight this year (I'm scare actor there, so I'm biased!)

The scare zone that was under Corkscrew (sorry, forgot the name), will be replaced with Pumpkin Promenade. A large display of carved/lit pumpkins. Should look cool at night and be a great photo spot. No scares there.

Can't wait to scare the crap out of some of you this fall! (I'll be the one with the creepy doll, so say "hi" :devil: )

Mark

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby garyman6 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:29 am

Looking forward to it Mark! A doll huh? Kinda like Chuckie I hope. I got a friend who is terrified of Chuckie!! Muhahahah!!

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby garyman6 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:53 pm

What does everyone think about the raptor coasters? Do you think Valleyfair will get one? Personally I sure hope not! While they may be fun the fact that there is only one passenger per car really turns me off. Half the fun is riding with friends! Plus the capacity is so low! If they come up with trains that can sit two per car maybe, but I really don't see this being a good fit for Valleyfair at all! Opinions??

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Lightning Rod » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:59 pm

I think everyone really wants a B&M inverted or wing coaster for the next one in the Dino area. B&M would be my choice.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mossed » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:06 pm

I'd rather have a Raptor than a B&M. It's not like capacity is a huge issue at Valleyfair.
Top 10 - 1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Intimidator 305 3.) Maverick. 4.) Lightning Rod 5.) Fury325 6.) Phoenix 7.) Twisted Colossus 8.) Taron 9.) Millennium Force 10.) Expedition GeForce

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby EthanM » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:09 pm

Mossed wrote:I'd rather have a Raptor than a B&M. It's not like capacity is a huge issue at Valleyfair.

I could see VF putting a Raptor in before an invert but I would not see it going in the dinos areas.
Home Park - Valleyfair

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!